jumping 360 degree roudhouse?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering? Do all those fancy kicks have a purpose? Or is it just show? I mean is there a difference between this and for example ballet?

But I have a lot of respect for people who can do such fancy moves:)

Like Squawman already said, I think he means the butterfly twist.

a move coming from a butterfly kick setup, but instead of the 2nd leg following the 1st leg and kicking, your body spins and basically does a sideways 360. this is by FAR the hardest trick to learn. all the best tricksters out there have crashed a thousand times learning this move, trust me.. but dont let that discourage you. keep practicing and you'll get it. well make sure you got your basic butterfly kick down before you attempt this.. you need to know the setup and how to go into it.. if you find yourself crashing a little too much and dont know whats wrong, trying going back to the regular butterfly kicks, that usually helps give you your rhythm back and should make those twists easier.

Here's the link to the site : http://members.aol.com/yellwboy/ht_twist.htm

Greetzzz ChenZy

:: Bless me father, for I have just killed quite a few men ::

https://www.tricking.be

Just wondering? Do all those fancy kicks have a purpose? Or is it just show? I mean is there a difference between this and for example ballet?

But I have a lot of respect for people who can do such fancy moves:)

While you probably wouldn't use such fancy kicks in a fight, they do build valuable skills that can help improve other areas of your martial art. For example, the leg strength you gain from jumping so high improves the power of your kicks. You also gain speed and agility (usually in your hips from having to twist around so many times in a limited amount of time). And of course, mastering such kicks gives a great confidence boost. :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Yeah, It's risky in a real street fight unless you're really good and you can pull that off but it does have a lot of power because the momentum of the spin then when the kick lands it's all in one motion.

..and pretty much telegraphed to the extent that you might as well hang a sign around your neck saying,

'look out here i come'...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

..and pretty much telegraphed to the extent that you might as well hang a sign around your neck saying,

Oh man, that was funny! Almost felt of my chair while laughing!

LOL... satellite i read that and can almost do the butterfly move .. im just not parrelel to the floor enough .. needs more work

Orange sash

yes the kick seems worthless in street fighting and you would probably never hit a trained fighter with it but its very valuable as an excercise to develop other kicks and mobility in general...i have been trying for a week and i lack the flexibility to do a horizontal vesion of this kick i need to focus more on my stretching and i need to do the vertical version perfectly from both sides before i advance...i video taped myself this helped a lot (i have no mirror i can use) i will try and download the links you guys gave me but i have a very very slow connection to the net...im a tall guy so its extra hard for me and i never needed to stretch to do other kicks because i can reach allmost anybody cold but this kick is different and i cant get away with not being flexible on this one :(...i saw a guy doing 3 vertical (the easier version) 360 kicks in a row this should be my next few workouts trying to do them combined and from both sides...if you want to try it for yourself and youre not super flexible do not try it on a heavy bag you can hurt yourself badly either hit a hand mitt or a speed bag this is better...alex

Edited by malic

youre right i would never use it against a trained opponent and never as a first move...i have my own style of street fights and i try to soften up my opponent with jabs and low kicks and/or wrestling before trying anyting fancy like this...i would make a proper fool out of myself if i missed hahaha! + i could end up getting beat up...alex