• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

jumping 360 degree roudhouse?

my name is alex im 31 ive been in martial arts for allmost 21 years now started off in karate and then taekwondo then thai boxing and submission wressling and the last few years ive basically been training myself...no belt no ranks...anyway ive been focusing on my kicks recently and saw a movie where a guy basically does a 360 degree roudhouse with his front foot he jumps up in the air and pretty much lands when he hits his opponent with a high spinning roundhouse...ok simple enough i can do it on one side great and the other is coming along :)...anway i saw yet another movie were i see the same kick only its something i can only describe as a 360degree horizontal spin roundhouse only he hits the opponent on the top of the head for example...the difference between the two is that the normal 360 roudhouse involves spinning around your axis vertically yet this chinese guy does a horizontal spin kinda like to the side!...WHOA! :)...i tried a few times and landed badly haha...my question is can anybody here do this and any tips? or was the guy on a cable for the move :(...how about a spinning heel kick like this in the other direction?...i only have a heavy bag to work out on so this presents another problem maybe i will make an uppercut ring...thanks for any input...alex

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum, Malic! Why not pop along to the Introductions section and really introduce yourself to people there?

Sorry I can't answer your question. Maybe the guy in the movie was on a wire. :-/ Hey, keep practicing, though - you never know, you may be able to do that type of roundhouse kick someday!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

im interested in the name of this kick too if there is one i never saw this kind of kick in takewondo it must be chineese?...alex

Might it be possible...even likely..that this is a kick for movie effect only?

I mean, look at it from a practical viewpoint...what use is it other than for show and flash? Do you really think an opponent, with any minute degree of fighting ability, is going to stand still long enough to let you do a kick like that to them?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

It sounds like a butterfly kick which in a sense is a horizontal cartwheel. You see alot of kung fu guys doing them. I have tried and they are pretty hard but not impossible to do. I actually have a great video explaining how to do it but it's pretty hard to explain it in writing.

There are web sites for trick kicks like bilang.com

There's a move in shaolin kung fu which pretty much matches that discriptions, it's used in one of the animal forms called the bat. It requires a little running start though to get some speed before you actually jump. We have to know this one for our next grading so i'm practicing it as well, if i get that move to work i'll let you know.

I don't know the name of the actual kick though, these animal forms usually contain more then one kick so the name "bat" doesn't apply to the kick itself

I also think he is talking about the "Batman Move" :)

Maybe you can post a video or a picture here malic.

If I got time I will try to film the bat move (I'm not very good at the move but I will do my best) and then you can tell if it the one you meant.

The Bat-move is like you spin 360° horizonal and the first leg you swing to get speed and turn around then the next leg follow and with that leg you kick.

Personnaly I find it a hard move to learn.

Greetzzz ChenZy

:: Bless me father, for I have just killed quite a few men ::

https://www.tricking.be