• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lessons of toil and sweat!

Jiyn

Do any of you have any lessons that make you totally wrecked afterwards,i do with frank brennan of a thursday,im 14 but im allowed to do the adult lessons.He has us in our stances for ages and makes us do full speed and power on the teqniques about 50 times!Do any of you have hard lessons?

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ohhhhh yes. I preety much sweat like crazy every class because I always tend to try my hardest with power. I know that we have had many classes where we went through all of our basic techniques... each technique 50 times. No stopping, and no water breaks. It took us about an hour and a half... and by the end of class I could hardly kick above my waist and my entire body felt like Jello.

For fight training we also do a lot of shadow boxing which really wears us down. We do 10 rounds, 3 minutes each.... and if we slow down, our instructor will tell us to go harder.

Yes, I had a class like that tonight. Generally I'm very very tired after every class, even the ones I teach, as I try to put full speed & power into everything I do, but tonight really was a killer.

We did lots of individual basic techniques to 'warm up' (that was after the actual warm up!), then moved on to combinations from a freestyle fighting stance, such as gyaku-tsuki, kizami-tsuki, gyaku-tsuki. We did those for what felt like a million times each, then we did some more combinations, this time concentrating on kicks and sweeps (such as ashi-barai, gyaku-tsuki or mawashi-geri twice followed by uraken). After the individual work we moved onto some bag work and then did some partner work with the combos practiced earlier, followed by a session of free-sparring. To round off the lesson and 'calm down' we went through Meikyo at half-speed a couple of times, finally finishing off with stretches.

We had no breaks in between each section and a very limited water intake throughout it all.

By the end of the lesson it felt like an elephant was sat on my chest, my feet were raw from the wooden floor and my gi was literally dripping wet with sweat (mmm, nice). I loved it!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

The Wednesday classes for my Sensei are so exhausting. He is a Kumite champion and those classes are all Kumite and Kumite techniques. Its very fast paced and your heart rate is always high. It's dope!

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

cool,so everyone has hard lessons like me!Wow yours all sound hard. :kaioken: but it improves your karate :karate: in the long run.

yeah i hav 2 lessons a week one of which is REALLY hard... once a month we all meet up and do a 6 hour training session in tai chi ba qua and san shou ... hurts like crazy ... u'll get used to it soon... theoritically :)

Orange sash

wow 6 hours!!That sounds tough.

my hardest workout is always done at home.

i have a strict routine of forms, drills, wallbag then everything on the dummy.

however, due to the harsh nature of puching the wallbag, my hands are pretty much useless for the next three/four days...

But that just gives me more time to do more drills.

maybe pick up the three.

the sun is out again these days...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."