• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Agggggghh! My Nunchuks

For the first time ever I bought a pair of Nunchuks. I saved up all my money and had to wait a week to get it. When it arrived I was so happy. And could imagine practising it at home. I then put it where everyone puts their stuff (I was in the Dojo). And ran back to the main area to carry on with my lesson. Having only held it for 20 seconds I was shocked to find that someone had taken my nuchuks after returning back from the end of the lesson. I spent an hour afterwards looking for it with no avail :kaioken: . I had spent 10 friggin pounds (Not much I know. But I still am only 14) on touching a pair of nunchuks for 20 seconds. Anyone ever had their weapon stolen? Post the story.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
A theft in the dojo? That really stinks. :(

My first gut instinct is to say GOOD!!!! You don't deserve to have the weapon if you don't know how to pronounce or spell them! :kaioken:

OK, with that said (sorry, a personal pet peeve of mine :D ), yes, I've had almost all of my kobudo weapons stolen a number of years ago by two men that broke into my dojo. I had 4 pair of sai, 6 pair of NUNCHAKU, 2 pairs of kama and a few other "toys" I had including a .22 cal pistol I used for weapons defense practice. The thieves left the bo, tonfa, canes and other things they weren't interested in. Total value of the items lost was $800-something, and I had $1,000 deductable insurance *sigh*.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

No but I always keep them locked up in a safe or on me when they are out. I am afraid of someone talking my weapon out of amusement and accidently hurting someone cause they dont know how to use them properly. But I guess if someone is determined enough they probally could steal them from me.

I went to Prague (in Czech) with school last week. I also bought nunchaku there. I don't take em out, that because they are illegal here in the Netherlands. So I don't think anyone will steal mine :)

You'd better save money up for new ones! Cause nunchaku rule :)