• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have any of you ever been thrown by a master of judo, aikido, or other throwing arts? Feeling how smooth it was?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
:P Yeah I have, the throw was smooth, but my landing was not :cry: It's a really good experience because it give u something to aim for.

Donkey

Have any of you ever been thrown by a master of judo, aikido, or other throwing arts? Feeling how smooth it was?

yes, the throw was smooth the follow-up was not. his semi shut eyes seemed that he was closing his eyes during the randori gave the impression that he was relax yet firm. i wonder where Sensei Oguso is now. anyone heard of him? his kodokan. his ears already deformed from grappling.

why did we surrender lord?

I used to do aikido and i only ever once or twice managed to produce a perfect throw,my sensei did alot of throwing on me of course.

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

Ya, they seem effortless too, my sensei is around 86 and weighs 250 pounds, he is a grappling expert. Even now he is a challenge to wrestle, he's not necassarily strong but knows leverage well, he's been doing judo for around 75 years.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

It's all about understanding how to manipulate your opponents balance.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

wow 75 years .. most ppl i kno hav like a few years .. one of my uncles has 15 years exp the other around 30 .. he's a 4th daun in judo ..

Orange sash

I've been thrown by a couple of quality Judokas. It looks like it hurts when you watch them do it to someone else, but if you even have the slightest idea how to break fall, they're the safest people to go with. And yes I can feel (when im flying through the air) how clean the technique was.