G Money Slick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolph Lundgren, Sean Connery and Nelson Mandela are all black belts in Kyokushin Karate.

Sean Connery, a very famous movie star, was given an honorary 1th dan.

Dolph Lundgren, a movie star, has the 3th dan and is a former Australian heavyweight champion.

Nelson Mandela, the former President of South Africa, was given an honorary 8th Dan by the kyokushin Organization on June 01, 1995. However Nelson Mandela never accepted this belt. Some believe that the reason for this is because Kyokushin in South Africa supported the Apartheid Regime.

"Practising karate means a lifetime of hard work."

~Gichin Funakoshi

You left out Vladamir Putin.

He has a black belt in Judo and was awarded an honorary black belt in Kyokushin.

By the look of him and the fact he was in the KGB, I'll wager he's not just honorary :)

Osu!

ET

Dolph Lundgren was also the Swedish captain for their olympic karate squad.

'Karate is a set of beliefs and practices that are never grasped in their totality and that generate more knowledge and more practices' Krug (2001)

Dolph Lundgren, Sean Connery and Nelson Mandela are all black belts in Kyokushin Karate.

Sean Connery, a very famous movie star, was given an honorary 1th dan.

Dolph Lundgren, a movie star, has the 3th dan and is a former Australian heavyweight champion.

Nelson Mandela, the former President of South Africa, was given an honorary 8th Dan by the kyokushin Organization on June 01, 1995. However Nelson Mandela never accepted this belt. Some believe that the reason for this is because Kyokushin in South Africa supported the Apartheid Regime.

WTF is a 1th and a 3th dan? I know what a 1st and 3rd are...

What's up with the "honorary" black belt for Mr. Connery? Did he EARN a black belt?

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

WTF is a 1th and a 3th dan? I know what a 1st and 3rd are...

What's up with the "honorary" black belt for Mr. Connery? Did he EARN a black belt?

Sorry my mistake. I mean 1st and 3rd off course. You see, English is not my native language, so sometimes I can make mistakes.

I have read somewhere that Sean Connery was given an honorary dan grade from Oyama while he was filming the James Bond movie "You only Live Twice", as you will see many Kyokushinkai students in that movie. I don't know if Sean Connery received any training in Kyokushinkai then. But since the grade was honorary, I don't think this was the case.

"Practising karate means a lifetime of hard work."

~Gichin Funakoshi