G Money Slick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone find any other famous black belts??

'Karate is a set of beliefs and practices that are never grasped in their totality and that generate more knowledge and more practices' Krug (2001)

Pink is supposed to be a black belt... but i dunno... it is just what i heard... i do know that Elvis was a black for sure though... i figured it out... look at his hip rotation when he dances... it is very similar to the hip rotation in shorin-ru.

Obsession is a word used by lazy people to describe determination.

Here is an excerpt from a site I found, http://www.martialway.com/celebrities/white/white.htm

"Michael Jai White holds six black belts of varying degrees in six different Martial Arts forms. Beginning his Martial Arts training at the age of eight and achieving his first black belt at the age of twelve, he now has over twenty years of experience.

Originally a student of the legendary Shigeru Oyama, world renowned head of the U.S. Kyokushin Karate Association, White went on to achieve black belt in five other MA styles; Shotokan, Tae Kwon Do, Kobudo, Goju Ryu and Tang Soo Do. He has also had years of Wu-Shu/Kung Fu training under current American Wu-Shu team coach, Eric Chen."

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Bob Barker from the "Price is Right" is a Black Belt.

Kendo is like starwars and everyone gets to be Darth Vader.

"Luke, I am your sensei"

Quote:

Wesley Snipes is a seasoned, trained martial artist in a number of different disciplines including Karate, Kung Fu and Capoeira, an African/Brazilian martial art. Snipes never approached acting from an angle like “wow, maybe one day I'll be using martial arts on films”. And even while he was training at the State University of NY in Purchase, he didn't try to include martial arts in the acting side of his life. But he has been training in martial arts since he was twelve. And he has trained in a number of styles, under some really great teachers. A lot of them come from Harlem.

Snipes likes a lot of fighting styles, each one for a different reason. He loves all of the Chinese systems for line and beauty, and flexibility. And now all of this ancient Egyptian and Brazilian and Indonesian stuff that he is training in.

He also trains in some African-born systems which are very deadly, where you have to train like cats fighting - wild cats in the jungle - jumping out of bushes and that kind of stuff. It is just like living in the Bronx or Brooklyn! Snipes doesn't have time for any pretty stuff. He prefers fast – strong, effective combinations.

Wesley has a basic philosophy of life that guides him through all the standard craziness. He tries to keep things very spiritual. That's a strong motivation for behaviour, and a discipline and a check and balance to all of this Hollywood stuff he is in.

I have also heard Snips was a black belt in shorin ryu.

Ed O'Neil (Al Bundy) has been training with Royce and Rorion Gracie for about 5 years.

Slatter from Saved by the Bell was training for MMA, being a high school wrestler at one time he wanted to enter the Octagon.