• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nose, solor plexus, groin.

there is no order. strike hard, strike fast. what is he's out of punching range while he's pointing and talking mess? What is he is to the side of you? situations aren't as cookie cutter as you seem to make them.

Gangs go in an order. The leader strikes then another guy strikes.

that's pure *. I went to school with bloods, crips and GDs. there were several bloods on the football team and a lot of my friends were GDs. I've never seen anything like this. If one hits you, they all hit you. there is no order to it. I've seen instances where they let the fight remain one on one, but the don't stike in any order.

Also it is often the case you drop the leader and he is not moving or he is screaming in pain, the gang wants it to be over so they will either run, Let you leave, or black out in which case, they act like chickens with there heads cut off! Which can be very good for a martial artist.

1. you may not know which is the "leader"

2. you may run into a group of guys with the same status. In which case, there is no "leader"

3. the "leader" isn't determined by who has the best fighting ability, so why would they run merely because you dropped him?

Now as for the take down on the big guy. If you feel it is life or death, you can.

When he throws a punch, sidestep to the outside throw your arm over his and around his neck. Done right one leg will be behind him and if you spin a circule your momentum should throw him in the dirt, as you spin bring your leg closest to his head up and stomp.

lol, I saw seagal do that in a movie... not that that technique won't work on anyone, but like I said, things aren't as cookie cutter as you try to make them.

If you can. make them curcle to your exit, as having the big guy in front of your way out. When he steps with his punch side kick the front of his knee.

he will go forward when he dose, charge forward through him bringing your palm into his nose and run to the exit and escape. They will be to busy checking there leader to chase you.

I REALLY hope somebody isn't teaching you this...

If the leader throws a hook, step in take his wrist and as you step in also pull your arm up pushing into his shoulder, and spin. The momentum gained from his punch and your spin will send him into his friends. And you can run why they are getting up.

likely you won't do that with a good hook. Maybe against a haymaker though. However, there is no guarantee that you are going to spin him into his friends. He is resisting, remember? He's not gonna stand there and let you sling him. I would step into him, blocking his strike at the fold in his arm, crash info him and reap him backwards - o soto gari. There are several things you can do, but that is one I've used in sparring quite a bit.

My standard is to always view myself as my opponent. If i don't think a series of attacks would effectively overwhelm me, i won't apply such an attack on an 'unknown' adversary.

In this respect, the above-stated series of attacks Mayo mentioned, as well as 'most' of the series of attacks presented in this thread, simply would not work against me... and i have strong feeling it wouldn't work against those who posted them.

It's really important not to 'assume' your adversary is going to cooperate, or stand still and allow your 'series' of actions to be committed.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• 3 weeks later...

JKogas wrote:

Perhaps it's better to know about controlling your opponent through clinching, so that you CAN more easily hit them, or take 'em down. After all, EVERYBODY punches.

I'll have to argue that... I'm a boxer and I have fought alot of newbies in the ring, friends who think they've got what it takes.

A couple of friends and I bought gloves with which to box a little acctually.

Now the thing with theese guys, they are strong motivated and one of them is fast, and they are about 20cm taller than me...

So what I've learned with this is, noone acctually can punch until taught how, thy dont get the snapp, the speed, and they always clearly tell me when tehy are going to punch.

So everyone cant punch, acctually anyone whos about to beat you down in the street probably wont have the slightest clue of how to punch except for their hand crushing your face.

So my opinion on the topic is, get a good lang uppecut in the solar plexus, that will knock one of them out and he wont be able to stand up for a while, the run, RUN LIKE HELL!.. now you've proven your manhood by beating down the leader and shown that you aren't macho by running from multiple opponents.

"My solution is always the best one" -Coudo

If theres more then one of em, grab them in s tanding joint lock, parade him around, make him squel, and tell the rest of the group if they come any closer youll not only break whatever joint youve got, but you'll also do something alot worse. But Id say making the first attacker squeal would help persuade the others not to attack you.