• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm saying he's the best there is now, not of all time. All time, I would give to ali, because he had the total package. marciano really only had his power going for him.

As for bruce lee, he only had 5 years of formal traiing in WC, from 13 - 18. AFAIK, most of his fights are unverifiable..

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

best of his time.

stick him in a fight against modern fighters and how would he fare?

how would he do against a bruiser like tyson?

how about against a brick wall like lewis?

you seem to forget that what makes jones jr respectable is that he proved (to a degree) that weight/size isn't that important (or perhaps it would be better to say that he proved that the smaller guy can beat the bigger guy).

anyway.

you can't just take people of different generations and use them in a straight comparison.

it's like comparing a model t and an lp400.

both are good but only in their relevant context.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

True but what im saying that Ali was revered as the best. in my opinion there is no such thing as a best seeing as how there is always somebody better, its just the way it goes. The truth is you cant compare fighters of different generations because things are just plain different now and theres no real way to prove anything. you must remember that so many of the modern fighters today are who they are because of people like Ali and Bruce. They revolutionized what they did.

You cant really say that Tarver was the better fighter, Roy jones was beating him in the first and second round up untill the KO, just like he did in the first fight, this was just something that happens o everyone. but If Jones continued to fight Tarver like he did in the 1st and 23nd round he would have beaten him easily.