• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The "laws" of phisic and KI. Careful some point out that it is different form Chi/Qi. Or is it?

Quoted from JL somwhere around the beginning of this thread.

To begin with, I'd suggest looking at the original Chinese, not Japanese. Qi [breath] is different from Yi [mental intent] is different from emotional intent (forget the word), etc.

Maybe you can further your research by asking one of the forum members who practices Chinese MAs to define 'chi' or 'qi'. Or you could take a trip to the local library or bookstore.

BTW

Is phisic a new branch of science or did you mean physics?

What do you think I mean?

Careful some point out that it is different form Chi/Qi

Perhaps:

Careful some point out that it is a different form of Chi/Qi.

Careful some point out that it is different from Chi/Qi.

Don’t get frustrated, I’m just trying to understand. Please explain.

Careful, some believe that it is all the same. Forget the "breath"

Careful, how can one say that they are different, when they had just suggested for another to research it when they may only know ONE of the other.

Careful, some think that the Japs are a culture of copy cats that taken Chi/Qi, among other things, and used it in their own fashion.

Careful, that Aikidoists believe in Ki, because it is in the very name and practice, thus "brainwashing" practitioners.

Careful, maybe one should research the many other aspects of Chi/Qi that one should take their own suggestion.

Careful, my posts are not neccessarily my view or opinions.

Carfeul, I don't kair about grammatical errors.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This statement does not reflect my personal opinions of beliefs; it’s just a matter of common courtesy and good manners. A point I am sure the moderators and most members of this forum would agree.

For civility, in any case, derogatory terms describing any ethnic or religious group should be avoided at all cost.

We, the members of the forum should not use terms such as:

Italian: w**

Chinese: ch***

German: Na**

Japanese: J**

Irish: mi**

African American / colored person: ni****

Mexican: w** b***

Person of mixed descent: half-breed

American: red neck or Yankee.

All of these terms, and many others are considered inflammatory.

I think using them shows poor manners and lack of restraint. No matter how angry you get, discretion is the better part of valor. They shouldn’t be used as a last ditch effort to insult someone, their creed, or beliefs.

On a forum like this, you never know who you are talking to.

:D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I was using the word Japs, not as insult, but shorthand. There is another word for them if I wanted to cause insult.

I apologize if I had offended any here.

So, you have misinterpreted want I was trying to state-again.

Hmm.. My mom is Japanese, and I don't take it as offensive, neither does my mom.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Hmm.. My mom is Japanese, and I don't take it as offensive, neither does my mom.

You are a rarity. Most of my colleagues are Japanese, and without exception find the term offensive.

寒くない?

:)

Why is it offensive, though? I mean, it's pretty much just an abbreviation.

That would be like... calling a German... a germ ;)

So, you wouldn't mind being called a red neck, Yankee, or cowboy, if used in a derogatory manner?

47MM says it was 'shorthand' (any system of rapid handwriting which can be used to transcribe the spoken word), what I’m sure he meant was abbreviation (a shortened form of a word or phrase used chiefly in writing to represent the complete form), but I digress.

Anyway, reread the post, judging from the tone and context (of the post and thread), you’d be hard pressed to convince anyone that it was ‘shorthand’.

And speaking of ‘copy-cats’, geez, aren’t all of us practicing MAs guilty of that crime?

:D

I dunno, maybe if you say something like stinking Jap, it changes the context of the word.

I've heard other slurs that I consider more offensive to Japanese, like Zero's or Zippers.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

I'm Swiss.. and a wanna be cowboy. If you called me a cowboy, I'd probably be flattered. There's a team named after Yankees, so, no, that's not insulting either. Red neck, that has a history to it and is considered deragatory by most people.. but, that's not really a nationality or race.

Again, I'm asking, what's the history behind the word "Jap"? Why's it insulting?

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Careful, some think that the Japanese are a culture of copy cats that taken Chi/Qi, among other things, and used it in their own fashion.

How's that?

And I am speaking of people that think a lot of things that "aren't" so Jap, er Japanese. :)