• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

guys, take a step back here.

one of you is arguing that 'ki' is body mechanics given a name.

this 'ki' isn't the same as the other is talking about.

if you ask JEM to prove his 'ki'

i.e body mechanics and qualities

then he kinda can.

on the other hand, ken is talking about the mystic 'ki', which he is saying can't be proven.

right?

or have i missed something....?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEM isn't just talking body mechanics, he's also talking about other mystical qualities, even if he's not calling them mystical.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

JEM618, why are you taking such offense to someone that doesn't take what you say at face value? Just because you say it is so doesn't neccessarily make it so.

I have seen and experienced things in the martial arts that I can't explain. I don't think of them as anything other than natural functions of the human body, only ones that I hadn't experienced before. Just because I have experienced these things doesn't mean that I expect everyone to believe me when I talk about them.

Have you ever considered that his "trick" and your technique are the same thing? Think about it. All martial arts really does is teach you "tricks" to control your opponent and yourself. It's a matter of semantics really.

Besides, as long as the technique works for you, what does it really matter what someone else thinks? What's that old saying? You can lead a horse to knowledge but you can't make him think? ...something like that :)

I am not allowed to talk about certain animals :brow:

There is no need for you to. I'm just wondering why you are passing up on one-million dollars USD.

Perhaps the same reason you are passing on the $1 mill offered by a Christian group to anyone that can prove evolution.

I want a million, I'll split it with somone.

It's rather hilarious. The christian group's challenge is just absurd, and it's also a scheme. Hovind does not have one-million dollars, and he actually declared bankruptcy only a few years ago. His challenge itself is rather stupid as well, it basically challenges people to build a universe from scratch.

The difference here is that the JREF challenge is winnable. Hovind's challenge is based upon unfalsifiable premises.

One is a stunt, the other is a geniune challenge upon testable claims.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Anyway, I just looked at the picture of the dragon push, or whatever it was called, where all the people lined up against one person. Is it important that all the people are placing their hands on the upper back on the person in front of them? If so, this just appears to me that by doing so, all the extra force generated by all the extra people is "top heavy."

The example I first described was different from this in two main ways,

Firstly, all of the people lined up had their hands on the hips of the person in front of them

Secondly, it was the one person pushing the 60 plus people.

Drunken Monkey, I like your comments above.

The Ki I practise and believe is not mystical.

With practise, you know when somebody is going to attack you, even from behind, before their body moves in any way. The mind does rule the body. How can you hit somebody without your mind telling your body what to do first. Only when somebody has an illness does their body act any other way.

You may not call this KI, but how can you explain this with 'body mechanics'?

Fourth Dan Instructor & Student