• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Previous athletic experience?

Out of skateboarding... the ability to take a hit? =)

Out of my skateboarding 'career' I learned the ability to land safely on the floor (due to falling off a lot practcing tricks)... a skill usefull in my later attempts at Aikido, where you attempt to blend with your opponents energy and your opponent attempts to blend you with the floor.

I'd say skateboarding is also good for improving balance. I'd say that, but I'm not actually sure seen as it never seemed to improve my balance one jot! lol

:) that is true. i wasn't trying to offend any fellow skateboarders, in any way. That's just a lot of what it did for me. I think dance may have done more for me, because i've done it for so long, but i've been involved in sports since age 4. Which is pretty good for being the first girl in my family, and the first alltogether. 8) set a standard for injuries for the boys, i'll tell you that.

"A nessuno piace d'essere ingannato"- Me :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the advice aefibird - sorry it took me so long to respond, I'm up to my ears in A levels! Yeah, can't wait to start horseriding, it should be great. And if it improves my (at the moment pathetic) kibadachi then all the more reson! :D

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

lol, yes you'll be walking round in an enforced Kibadatchi for weeks after your first few lessons! Ah, the joys of horse-riding...

Good luck with the A Levels, Angelica. I hope you do well!! What are you taking?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

French, Art, History and General Studies (the subject we are made to take so that the college gets extra funding). Only 5 exams to go!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

All throughout my childhood I hiked and backpacked, which gave me very strong legs and endurance. While in HS I played baseball a bit.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

French, Art, History and General Studies (the subject we are made to take so that the college gets extra funding). Only 5 exams to go!

eeeh yak, I did General Studies at A level for the same reason as you - its a nasty hateful subject , and a form of torture for overworked A level students IMO!! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!