• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your least Favorite Kata????

shotochem

I absolutely hate Hangetsu - that stance kills my knees! :xquote]

A tip for hangetsu and the knees - when you go into the stance don't think about pointing your knees in. Think instead about closing your legs together from the groin area. You will find that takes the stress off the knees.

Hi Sai, I never thought of it like that. I'll be giving that a try. :) My knees would be grateful.

In that stance I also feel it alot in my ankles when my toes are turned in.

Any tips??? :roll:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love hate relationship with Bassai Dai I could not wait to learn it but once I did I found out it drains you if you do it correct lol. It make me prob more tired than any other kata we do.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Shotochem you really should not feel anything in your ankles. They should be in the same line with your knees and feet. I think Positioning your legs from the top down instead of from the knees down will take care of that too.

Your toes and knees should be pointing the same direction.

Shotochem you really should not feel anything in your ankles. They should be in the same line with your knees and feet. I think Positioning your legs from the top down instead of from the knees down will take care of that too.

Your toes and knees should be pointing the same direction.

I gave it a try moving the legs in instead of focusing on the knees.

Wow, that feels much better(still not comfortable) it is more tireing now than painful.

With this slight change it seems to have taken the stress off of my ankles.

My knees and ankles are in your debt. :D

I've only been working on hangetsu for a few months so I'm still trying to get a "feel" for it. :brow:

Now...on to the Bunkai!!!! :o :o :o

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate Hein Nidan (Pinan Shodan<-old way, Pinan Nidan <- New way) it took me the longest time to get this kata! My Sensei says it is the kata that students look at and say "I am never going to get this kata". I agree with him

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

I hate the start of empi. I go down on one knee and then it's such a struggle to stand up again in a dignified manner - it makes me feel so old and decrepit.

I hate the start of empi. I go down on one knee and then it's such a struggle to stand up again in a dignified manner - it makes me feel so old and decrepit.

I hate that bit as well. I always struggle to get up off the floor looking dignified after the double kicks in Unsu too. My knees creak and protest every time I do that kata!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!