• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how much a month?

The last school that i went to was free tuition for any one on the Indian roll or Black Belts. I qualified under the latter for free classes. those with an Indian roll card also got all free uniforms, sparring gear and tournament entry fees. For everyone else it was about $30/mo and no testing fees. I have paid as much as $150/hour though for private lessons.

check around for a good price.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$70 a month...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

$125/month. My school is expensive, BUT in this area, you get what you pay for. If you pay, less you get less. It's sad but, I rather pay this much to this school, and earn what I get, than pay less and have the "standards" way too low, and not earn crap.

When I took TSD in NJ, it was the opposite. I paid $80 a month, unlimited classes, and free uniform. In that area, if you paid more than $99 a month, it was a McDojo (90% of the ones that charged that much were, anyways).

So I'd say, it also depends on the area, the taxes, overhead, ect that your school has to pay. Where I live, the taxes are outrageous! So, I kinda understand why the tuition is a little high.

Laurie F

I'm paying $80 a month and can attend up to 5 days a week.

KK75 is right. Depending on where you live can determine how much you pay. I would expect that places with a high cost of living would be more expensive.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

What if the thread was "How much did you pay for a car?" Some would say "I got one for $1500", and a reply could be " I paid $18,000 for my car, I must have paid to much since yours was less than 1/10 the price!"

What really matters is not how much you pay, but rather what you get for your money. Some people here pay well over $100/month, but it is a good value because they get excellent training and an excellent facility.

By the way, I charge $80/month, we have a wide range of classes available 6 days per weeks. Students may train as often as they wish, but we recommend at least 2 - 3 sessions per week to become proficient.

--

What really matters is not how much you pay, but rather what you get for your money. Some people here pay well over $100/month, but it is a good value because they get excellent training and an excellent facility.

I totally agree. The training at my school is second to none (as far as I have seen here so far). The school itself is a great facility. Plenty of space, and changing rooms. You can also take both arts they have there (TKD and Tai Chi) if you choose.

Laurie F

I pay 80 euros per year(6.7 euros per month), rather cheap comparing to what you guys pay. My karateclub does not go for the profit, all money paid to the club is used to costs. So sensei is not getting any richer.

I pay about 50 USD per month for me and my son. You can go to as many classes as you want to during the week and we have clinics on the weekends (which are usually weapons classes).

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."