how much a month?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$70 per month classes 5X per week, up to 4 per night, plus cardio 6X per week, plus I have a key to the school!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

I think I have one of the best deals: my teacher charges nothing. Classes are daily excluding the weekends; unfortunately I can only go twice a week because of my schedule. My teacher also recently made an interesting offer if I ever wanted to go to Okinawa... :karate:

Do you know who Chosin Chibana is...?

The Chibana Project:

http://chibanaproject.blogspot.com

I train at MA two schools, both of which teach more than one MA.

I don't pay per month, although I could do if I wanted to at my Wing Chun/TCC Academy. However, as I can only go twice a week to that club, it would actually work out more expensive for me to pay per month (the monthly fee works out that students attend a minimum of 3 classes a week in any of the arts taught at the Academy).

For my Karate school, the fee is £3 per lesson (but I don't pay any more as I'm the assistant instructor. My kobudo lessons are also free).

FSD/Fight Club at this school is £2 per class.

I pay £7 per class for Wing Chun and £6 for Tai Chi.

Membership fees at the Karate school are £5 per year and are £10 a year at Wing Chun.

Edited by aefibird

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I pay $80/month. Classes are offered every night of the week, and I make it a point to go at least twice. I usually go three times. (I've done 4 once, but that makes it tough to go back and do my real job.)

At brown belt, you can start instructing. Hopefully Sensai will let me do that. (Of course, that's 3 years away. :))

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

I pay $60 a month...

It sounds like you guys don't have to pay if you teach, am I right? That's pretty cool...

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

I think I have one of the best deals: my teacher charges nothing. Classes are daily excluding the weekends; unfortunately I can only go twice a week because of my schedule. My teacher also recently made an interesting offer if I ever wanted to go to Okinawa... :karate:

Uwaaa~!

Take him up on it if at all possible! I can't think of anything else you could do right now to set yourself up for future connections and success in training... (and tell me all about it, will ya?)

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

For the Kuk Sool class I teach, I charge $40 per semester (about 4.5 months). I am in the process of setting up a Kuk Sool Camp that will last just one weekend. The cost looks like it will be about $6 (not counting food, which will be cheap, and possible tent rentals if people don't have enough).

For Taiji (that I take, not teach), I pay $135 every 9 weeks.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

Well, we pay about $850 per year, but we also have testing fee's which increase with each belt... so per month I figured it to be about $101 (Canadian) with say 3 belt tests over the year.

Now our class schedual is very flexible and I believe I attend about 4 classes per week on average... which works out to 5 buck per class.

Not bad I guess, but alot worse then some of the figures I'm seeing... heh. Wow some of you guys get training for dirt cheap....

Now our class schedual is very flexible and I believe I attend about 4 classes per week on average... which works out to 5 buck per class.

Not bad I guess, but alot worse then some of the figures I'm seeing... heh. Wow some of you guys get training for dirt cheap....

No kidding, by my calculations, classes cost me US$6/hour. Some of you are paying 1/4 of that! That's incredible!

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein