• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo Karate

darkreaper

Hello,

I dident notice a Kenpo section, so i decited to start one.

I have been in kenpo karate for about 3 years and currently rank as a blue belt. So if anyone here takes kenpo, please post and discuss.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

darkreaper, I do American Kenpo (AKTS). Thee are a couple of us here, and since we're a little of everything, we just post all over the place :) ! There are also a few other kenpo/kempo stylists who post here regularly. This forum has a pretty wide variety of systems and experience. You might want to go to the introductions board and say hello, tell us a little about yourself. Never know who or what you'll turn up there.

Freedom isn't free!

Hey.....Shaolin Kempo here. Welcome to the forums. I would love to see more kempo/kenpo people post. Then maybe the dream of our own section could become a reality.....

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Yeah,I do a mix. My instructor specializes in American Karate,Shaolin Kenpo,Shito Ryu,and Muay Thai Kickboxing, in the Karate class he combines Kenpo,Shito Ryu,and American Freestyle So I do sort of a mix. On top of that I also train in Muay Thai.

Absorb What is Useful,Reject what is useless

I would love to see more kempo/kenpo people post. Then maybe the dream of our own section could become a reality...

Not a bad idea! But we'd need a few more regular posters before broaching the subject with management. And if we could get our own section, we'd probably get more posters- which might or might not be a selling point to some people :D . At least it would keep us from bothering the karate folks so much :wink: .

Freedom isn't free!

Chinese Kenpo in the past

If you don't mind my asking, who did you study Chinese Kenpo with?

Reason I'm asking, I'm thinking of trying to start a group under the IKCA, with some extra from Arnis, FSTKD- Kenpoized & in close, and hopefully some grappling and reality/street/combatives. Still in the planning and organizing phase, so who knows?

Freedom isn't free!