• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Backyard Sparring?

You know I never thought of actually doing that in my back yard.

I have a trampoline that I bought for my kids. It works well for forward and back flips just set the whole yard up.

Not to mention I have a 10' fence around as well very private

True mastery transcends any particular art. It stems from mastery of ones self control the ability, developed through self discipline, to be calm, fully aware, and completely in tune with ones self and the surroundings. Then, and only then, can a person know himself. ---- Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why the name "backyard sparring" might raise some eyebrows. lol. But that is exactly what it is. We a have a backyard that is private and me and couple of freinds thought it was good idea.

Of course, we must understand that its only for workout, and a little practice. nothing personal will be taken from it. We are mature adults.

And we will NOT go full contact. That would just be stupid, we would use control, but wed have alittle more freedom to hit alittle harder, and kick legs, a little takedowns and some grappling, just basic stuff not allowed in dojo.

But the main thing is to agree beforehand on the rules, especially "tap out", which would basically just be saying "enough" then it all stops.

Me and my friends just Box in the yard or the backyard because he only has Boxing gloves so we Box and we just go all out full-contact and we go like 5 minutes for 3 rounds and that's all.

Do you all wear gear and protection...or just go really light?

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"