• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Backyard Sparring?

Two suggestions

1: don't mention this to anyone else you know. If you're like me, you know alot of aggressive, boisterous fools who think they can fight that would want in on your sparring.

trust me. this might be a bigger problem than you might think.

2: if for some reason you feel like placing bets on this.... DON'T. technically, friendly fighting on your own property is legal, but if money is invovled, it becomes a crime.

Just some words of caution. I've done this with some friends, and apart from some odd looks from neighbors, it went very well.

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word of advice, if you go full contact dont do too often with head punches or only a couple f rounds.Keep those brain cells!

Seize the day!

I think you misunderstand - I have no one that would even be willing to do backyard sparring. I live in a small town where everyone is a wuss of some sort (except for a few outta towners who barely show).

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

hmm. I am adult 28.

The thing is, I am from small town, so there are no gyms within 50 miles from me that i could walk into and fight.

So I came up with this crazy idea, we have a yard. its fun and good excercise so why not?

1st rule of back yard sparring...dont talk about back yard sparring. 2nd rule of back yard sparring....if you talk of back yard sparring.....dont talk about back yard sparring.

No, I do think its a good idea....if it doesnt get out of hand. Keep cool with it and its great training. My friends and i do it sometimes and its great.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

i think that the very name that you chose to use to refer to this 'idea' of yours says much about the mentality behind it.

what difference is there between your 'backyard sparring' and (heavy)training sparring?

my question to you is do you,who are going to participate in this event, know what you are doing?

or is it just a bunch of guys getting together for for a mock nhb fight with more safety gear?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I see nothing wrong with sparring with friends as long as the perimeters are set. You dont want to hurt or offend anyone that you consider a friend.

I like to spar with other styles as well because it lets me see what kind of stuff you might encounter out in the real world.

i think the bottom line is good idea- have some fun, learn a lot-but be responsible. remember: don't do anything stupid.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai