• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin Doubters Beware!!! Muay Thai?

There seems to be a lot of people here who know of or have trained in Kyokushin. Why do so many of you feel that Muay Thai is a better system? Not to toot my own horn, but, I have come accross many in Kyokushin, including myself, who have taken the "Muay Thai" challenge, and did not find it to be more of a challenge than any of our own Kyokushin fighters. I will not say that we are more effective, or that they are. There are many similarities and many noticable differences in the two. I will say one thing though, They are about the only ones who put up an admirable fight. Wish I could say that about most other styles. Unless you have been in the ring with us, DON"T ASSUME!!!! Get used to me. I am straight forward about the issues. Point fighting is not enough experience to critisize the Fighting Arts. Most Systems are either point or non contact Kumite. Yet these same systems rave about how they know so much about Kyokushin Fighters or Muay Thai Fighters. Once you experience Full Contact for yourself, then you may develop an opinion into what style is better or more suitable for real street combat. Let's hear it guys, what do ya think?

OSU!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are better systems, but which ones are better depends on your goals.

Want to win a TKD medal at the olympics, Don't take Tai chi...

Muay Thai allows punches to the face, as well as elbows. It has a solid clinch game. Kyokushin does not.

If your goals in Martial arts require those things, Muay Thai is a better system for you.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

How do you mean its a complete system, having never donw it im unaware of any areas it covers that MT does not. I thought MT had more.

Seize the day!

Profacci, I don't get too bent about other peoples opinions of the different arts. I know what I train, and how I train it, and what can be done with it. Most people base their opinions on what they know, or have seen, or have heard. If they havn't experienced good Kyokushin, or American Kenpo (my base), then how can they think it is good? So don't think there are no hard contact fighters here, or that every/any one disrespects your style.

Also, there are a lot of people here who train only for self improvement or for sport. There's nothing wrong with that. I fact, those are very legit reasons for doing martial arts if that's what you want. I wouldn't disrespect their choice either, but they may not be the most knowlegable about fighting arts. Heck, for that matter, I didn't really know much about Kyokushin until talking to some people here. Dijita posted some good links, and what I saw there looked pretty impressive. That's one reason I come here, you never know what you'll learn.

Freedom isn't free!

:D Hey Profacci, as a Muy Thai fighter I agree with u. There are good fighters and there are bad fighters, style means little. I think what makes both these arts so effective is the FULL CONTACT. There are no delusions about techniques because they either work or they don't and we prove this in the ring. And to Traditional Fighter, Muy Thai has almost every technique in the book if u study under a good master. This includes grappling, weapons and every punch and kick known to man. What u see is the sport and not the art. It wouldn't be a sport if u used your technique to kill and maim evertime u stepped in the ring. :kaioken:

Donkey

Kyokushin is tough no doubt about it but here is why alot of people tend to favor MT imo.

-Punches to the head

-clinch

-Ring sucess, there have been alot of good kyokushin guys in K-1 that have done very well but MT usally stays on top.

-MT is the standup training style of choice of just about every Top MMA/NHB team out there today...Millitech,Chute boxe, Brazilian top Team, etc...

-MT has also seemed to go further and adapt better to mma competitions than kyokushin guys although there have been a few good kyokushin guys.

kyokushin is good. To address you question though, muay thai allows a higher level of contact. Also, the training regimen of thai boxers is frickin awesome. As it is "sport fighting", the intense training is geared toward winning.