• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kyokushin+bjj

40 cent

thanks for the replies guys, it seems that it would be a good move to combine the two. of course, i havent done any grappling yet, so ill have to see if i like it...ill keep you all updated.

i moved akka dojos because we didnt really do a lot of sparring in class and we were far from allowed to suggest anything otherwise. i thought instead of being disrespectful and trying to challenge, id leave and go to a dojo that offers me what i want. sorry, i havent heard of shihan capper, btw im only an 8th kyu. osu, thanks guys

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
hey guys. ive moved dojo, im now a member of the iko not the akka.

i was doing some thinking and i was thinking of cross training to help get my grappling skills up, because i obviously have none.

what is your opinion of training in kyokushin and brazilian jujitsu?

pros/cons etc would be great, thanks, grant

sounds like a great plan!

My understanding is that 40 years ago, Kyokushin

practitioners had much better grappling skill. People

like Bobby Lowe Shihan still do. But in general it is

currently a weakness of the system and augmenting

your Kyokushin with JJ is a great idea. BJJ or japanese

JJ will depend on what is availabel near you. good luck!

Osu!

Knockdown, that's very cool. I had no idea that Kyokushin used to incorparte grappling into the style. I am new to Kyokushin but I ended up asking someone who has been in it for awhile. He comfirmed that at his old dojo they used to do a lot of grappling (this was about 1997), but dojos are starting to do less and less of it. You're right about Shihan Bobby Lowe as well. :) Very cool!

On a side note, I got to shake hands with Shihan Bobby Lowe last weekand. Very very nice guy with such a strong aura about him.

Have you thought about Japanese Ju Jitsu rather than BJJ. I have read that BJJ has more striking than JJJ which is something you are already doing. :karate:

nooooo bjj is much better for grappling than JJJ. Sorry but it's true :idea: