• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey iv got world championship comming up at the end of June and I was wondering if anyone has any sparring advice/combos that are really effective in a TKD match. Thanx in advance for any advice.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Let me get this straight...you're going to be competing in some sort of "World Championship" tournament...right? And you want us to give advice on what techniques to use???

Uhhhh...didn't you have to compete in other tournaments and place high to qualify to make it to the World Championship in the first place? It just strikes me as odd to ask a question like that.

Maybe it's just me? :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I agree.

Hehe, if you have qualified to fight in the world championships then perhaps shouldn't you be the one giving us advice? :D

Hey, we can learn from anyone. As we say in Karate Oni Gaize Mastu (sp?) Translating to "Please teach me" we say this not only to the Sensei's and Sempai's but also to each other.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

i meant to ask people of other styles. Yes i am pretty good at sparring in my style but i love to learn techniques fromk other styles to blend in. For instance i use some JKD tactics. And It is ATA sparring World Champs

i meant to ask people of other styles. Yes i am pretty good at sparring in my style but i love to learn techniques fromk other styles to blend in. For instance i use some JKD tactics. And It is ATA sparring World Champs

I don't know specifically what the ATA sparring/tournament rules are, but the TKD tournaments I've seen basically show me two people standing either at a distance, or close in, trying to kick each other in the head. No punching at all (which is stupid to me personally), no grappling, no groin shots and no take downs allowed. How does JKD or Krav help you in that sort of sparring situation, as they are more practically oriented?

I guess my best advice is to try to kick your opponent in the head. That's all they seem to try to do anyway from what I've seen. :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

The #1 Strategy for any tournement:

When the ref drops their hand:

Rush your opponent, punch them in the face, and kick them hard in the junk (or box if you're a girl).

You'll get a warning, but your opponent will be scared to fight you and will stay away from you the whole match.

:lol:

(Kidding by the way)

lol i thought you were serious at first dijita. And shorinryu krav doesnt really help the actual sparring aspect, its more for a street fight, but it helps with the cardio