• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I had my first class today. It was brutal. No one was a beginner like I was and I was getting tossed all over the place and I thought my wrist was going to fall off.....I thought I was going to cry lol. We were doing a lot of stuff that wasn't even for beginners and the sensei said that when we get the regulars back (who weren't there this week) he'll take me aside with the other "starters" and do the basics.....but this week I was doing more advanced stuff. I sorta surprised myself today....I threw this guy who must have been 300 lbs of all muscle over my back. He was bearhugging me and the sensei told him "only go down if he throws you down...don't let him" well be bearhugged me and I followed the instructions that the sensei told me and sure enough this guy went right over my back. It was great. It was painful but I'll be going back next week.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

VERY VERY PAINFUL! I remember when I first went to sign up last night.... he told my dad all about what karate is (my dad isn't the MA type) and then my dad asked "what is ju-jitsu?" and the guy looked at us both and made a little smirk and then said "it's painful....but fun.......but very painful" he said that a lot of people give up because of the pain. There is alot of submissions and such. It's great to know though!

Heh...my shoulders STILL hurt from my last grappling class. But again, my motto is: the more sore you are, the more you learned.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

I went to Muay Thai class right after we did arm locks one time... Shadow Boxing really hurt :/

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

Stick with it. I wish there was a way to train hard without getting injured. We've been training (bjj) with strikes a lot lately, and the bruises have been occuring faster than they've been going away. My girlfriend is getting worried. :)

• 2 weeks later...