• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever ask out of sparring?

krunchyfrogg

I'm considering asking for no sparring for about a month (August) this summer.

My school doesn't use any protection (pads/armor), and I don't want to risk bruising, since I'm getting married in September. Although the chance of taking a blow to the head is minimal (I've only seen people get grazed in almost a year of training), my fiancée would kill me if we got married and I had a black eye (or anything like that).

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you're wondering whether or not your instructer will allow it, I feel quiet confident that he/she will. It should never be forced under certain conditions.

Congrats on getting married by the way!

:lol: Anyone who says they dont occasionally back off on sparring is lieing :D

Whenever you are too banged up to spar or are injured or even have somthing important in your every day life it is OK.

MA are an activity we all do and enjoy. Family,health and your day job come first. The rest is just extra..... :D

Congrats on your up coming marriage, may you have many happy years together.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I always cry at weddings........ :P

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Congratulations on getting married!

I'm sure that your instructor will be happy to allow you to pass on the sparring until your wedding has been and gone. If not, just ask your partners for NO contact to the face. Martial artists are only human - I'm sure your sparring partners will understand you don't want to look busted up for your wedding day.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

congrats on getting married and i dont thionk your a wuss maybe for being scared of your finacee lol but not for not wanting to spar thats just sensible.

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

lol, any sensible man is scared of their fiancee!

That's the best way to start married life, ladies, get 'em trained right from day one!! :D :lol: :P

heh heh, j/k

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I had stepped out of sparring drills until my eyes healed completely from the laser surgery. More because I'd feel bad for anyone who accidently kicked or hit me in the eye during a clash. Why invite the trouble upon yourself and others?

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.