• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im new to the forum as well !!

ElliottG

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Just some quick background information - I am currently and orange belt, 40 yrs old, and have been doing tkd now for 6 months, with my teenage son. Really enjoying myself, and it's great to be able to train with my son. Lots to learn, but who's rushing ??!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

welcome ElliottG to the boards

:wave:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

hello and welcome to karate forums ELLIOTTG........... :wave:...we look forward to your mature views and insights............ :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

:wave:Hi Elliot :wave:

It is always nice to meet another over 40 :nod: :nod:. I have been involved in a family oriented karate program and it is really great to train with a family member. :up:

:grin:Hey it may take us a bit longer than others but we still get a LOT out of it :grin: right?

SaiFightsMS

You are correct my friend !! It certainly takes me longer than the kids, expecially the hapkido !!! Really enjoying it and I think it is something that my son enjoys doing with me as well ! :smile:

Thanks everyone for the enthusiastic welcome !

I'm the other way around. I'm the upper belt, and my kids are following my lead. It's still just as nice to have them involved. :grin:

Welcome

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

KSN Doug,

Interesting - how long have you been training in tkd ? how about the kids ? I find tkd particularly interesting since given my competitive nature, my son feels that I do not have the "upper hand" on him in tkd, which I think incents him even more !! In fact, our Master has continued to advance my son ahead of me, which I absolutely support.