• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High Kicking Contest...

What's up everybody. I'm new and this past weekend my school put on a tournament and my instructor likes to put on a high kicking contest. Well I'm 5'10'' and I can jump pretty decent say about a 33-34 inch vertical. I kicked about 9'5'' inches high. I was wanting to know if there is anyone on this board or does anyone know anyone from other message boards or seen people kicking real high.

Billy Blanks son and this Hawaiian dude went at it on ESPN. They were like 6'1'' and taller but they kicked up to 10'6''!!! My instructor thinks the world record is 10'9''. Me being 5'10'' I hope to eclipse 10 feet which is my next goal. I'm gonna keep training hard but I just want to know if theres any high flyers on this board. Also direct me to other message boards like this.

Let's just say humbly I'm looking for challengers. :karate:

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you measure the height of the kick, and what kind of kick is it? Jumping front kick?

I watched Sa Bum Nym Joe Foster (Kuk Sool Won) do a back flip from a standing position, and kicked and broke a board as his feet passed over the top, then he landed on his feet. :o

Seeing as I probably won't excel at high jump kicks like those, I'll wait 'til the person comes down before kicking them. :D

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

Another instructor made this pole the went up and extended out with a padding on it. I kick the bottom of it so we measure from the ground to the bottom of that.

I did it bare foot so I think I would get higher with shoes on. There are other ways just has to have the measurements on the object.

I do a running jump kick off one leg. I pump with the left knee and extend up with the right. In our contest we are not allowed to fall down. In other contest they are.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

Yes the one footed jump kick compeitiions that they have in the north. Awesome they jump from the same foot kick with the same foot and land with it, they get up there pretty high if I remember. Quite a challengeing technique to do also

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

That's a cool site. But we do a jump snap kick. A running jump snap kick when you pump the knee of the leg your not kicking with.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

You might find this interesting - about kicking competitions

http://www.kativik.qc.ca/ulluriaq/Nunavik/inuitlife/teenagers/inuitgames/jumps.html

Visited the site - man, they have quite a few really funky competitions (double footed kick, sitting jumps). It almost reminds me of the Bonzai show that didn't last long.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."