• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is the best style for street fighting

Hehe... i'll bite.

I would say your body, and any surrounding objects, would be the tools. The training would be learning how to use those tools. The tools have always been there, but the difference would be the quality of those tools, the understanding of thier use, and your experience with them. I.e., if you don't work out, you you may end up with rusty tools that might break on first use. And, if you understand how to use them, you still may not have had sufficient experience with them to use them efficiently, forcefully, or with precision.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faisal,

There is not one best style. I do believe however that there are best STYLES. There are a couple of threads in this forum that talk about the top 5 or top 10 selfdefence martial arts. Go through them and evaluate the differente opinions.

Remember that a great self defence style is nothing without a competente instructor who knows his stuff and teaches it in the correct manner. Ideally any martial art training will train your mind and spirit also, to react the correct way in a real situation. You can know all the deadly techniques in the world but if our spirit is weak then they will do you absolutely no good.

I hope that you find a good style and a good school.

Good Luck.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

• 2 weeks later...

Iwould like you to look into my style of Iro Ryu Karate Do. It is a mixture of Karate, Aikido, Ju Jitsu , Judo and Kung Fu. The style took many years to develop and is a very strong Self Defense Art. Do not limit your self to one style, benefit from all aspects of the Martial Arts and apply their techniques for the presented situation. Good Luck.

"Nothing is imposible to a willing mind"

Http://www.usadragon.com

Master James Gonzalez

7th Dan

• 2 weeks later...

All MA Are good. but if you are a dumb * with ugly face with no technik ull be knocked down. If You're mastering your art then it depends now on the way you approch the fight. and it depends on your your philosophy and it depends if you fit with your martial arts. Finnaly It depends on you not the martial art

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Warlock's analogy. One cannot use one's tools if they're falling apart. I believe that to be absolutley prepared for a street-fight, you need to be in good physical condition, a few basic techneques down, and a lot of heart.

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

Fight dirty and do the unexpected. That is the way to winning a street fight. MA are only effective if you understand the objective. Kata will not save you, technique will not save you, only your body reacting naturally will save you. Let your body do what it does and ignore the mind.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Trained instict will win more often than natural instinct. Martial artists who are not letting their technique fall into the area of trained instict will fare worse than natural instinct.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

A good pair of running shoes and some ninja smoke . Also, learning how to hope fences and scale short walls. You may think I'm joking, but I learned this kind of stuff from my uncle who was an ex-navy seal and took ninjutsu and gymnastics as a kid through his life. It came in handy when you get cornered.

Maybe a little off the subject, but I don't train with weights, I do alot of bodyweight stuff, hoping fences, jumping up and grabbing the ladders and pulling myself up as fast as I can.

Of course to do the ninja type stuff, you can't be to big and full of muscle, I weigh 175-180 which I think is relativley light.

I agree with tree branch, do what must be done. You have to practice what you plan to use before you have to plan it, your techniques should become second nature and reflex actions. If you have to think of what to do, you just lost. Seeing 4 or 5 guys comming at you with bats and knives pretty much takes away your thinking, or so i'm told ( luckily i've never been into something that bad )

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

I think the best style in CRAZY style. If you can fight crazy and like you have nothing to live for and nothing to regret. You will mostly always win, and if your really sick, let out a curling cackle when your beating someone to a pulp. I saw a mountain looking man scare off 4 gangsters without touching them.

They surrounded him and yelled threats. He just did this insane cackle and put his hand into the knife hand position ( i believe it's called ). Then he put it next to one guys chest and said " You, Heart. " Next he pointed to the next guys neck and said " You, Throat. " Next guy, " You, Eye." And the last guy he just let a cackle off.

Like I say, if you want to win but lose sanity, turn crazy and open up a can, also never lose eye contact, strike fear into their hearts!

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.