• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is the best style for street fighting

Why so critical? Why couldn't a TKD ever win in a fight? A person who trains in TKD couldn't win in a fight against some drunk guy at the bar (the most common street fight scenario)?

I'm proud of my style because we practice realistic contact, but at the same time I'm not one to put down another style. Someone who trains in a style for a very long time will become a decent enough fighter. You may get your * handed to you or you may win a fight in a street scenario... but it's never impossible depending on the style you do.

TKD has it's strong points, but like any style also has it's weak points. It's my opinion that TKD isn't the strongest of fighting styles but I don't find it hard to believe that someone trained in TKD won a fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am thinking REALISTICALLY , i know people who have trained in martial arts since they could walk that could not beat some people i know who never had martial arts training, so becoming a good fighter doesn't just include a lot of training , it's how you train, and what you train in, and your skills you have as a warrior, these days i will be honest with you dojos don't teach martial arts but martial nonsense, "mcDojos" if you will, not all of them but most of them do sad to say, you have to train not only in kicking but in every possible angle of fighting because lets face it you are not going to fight the same everytime you have to learn to use everything you have, not to limit yourself to one style

ladies email me for some fun

um, can you refrain from citing bruce lee too much, especially when it's slightly out of context and slightly misunderstood.

it doesn't present a good image of you...

here's a novel concept.

how about instead of just bashing what people say, you tell us of your accounts and experiences?

i mean, what better way to prove that tkd doesn't work in a fight than by telling us how you got your butt kicked when you tried to use tkd?

oh, unless of course you've never tried it...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

:-? Listen Botasai, lemme tell u a story/stories. My TKD master talks about the korean army TKD team going to thailand to fight the thai army MT team. They got pretty beat up, but they didn't lose all the fights. My master said the first couple of guys got destroyed but by the time his fight came around he saw a way to win. For two rounds he took the worst beating of his life then at the beginning of the third the MT fighter rushed in to finish him and got a spinning back kick right in the gut. KO. This was how I beat my guy on the street. Now my MT master talks about fighting the Korean TKD team when he was in the Thai army. The TKD team put on a breaking expo before the fight. The Thai guys were amazed and a little scared> I'm talking blocks of ice and cinder blocks. The fights start and not a single Muy Thai guy closes to punch or grapple. They win all the fights with leg kicks. Now between these two old school masters were talking a combined knowledge of about 75 years experience. Both admired the other style and both saw ways around what the perceived to be the others advantage. Why can't u? :idea:

Donkey

Just to point out. Kicks are great at building distance between your opponent. If you can build the distance, then a TKD fighter could do well because they are strong at the kicks, where striking would be at a disadvantage when there is distance.

Batosai Imora, I gotta hand it to you- you've turned this into a decent discussion. "Course, you've alienated most people here doing it, but what the hey!?

TKD can be used effectively in a fight, if it's trained that way. I know people who use it professionally, in high level security work. Also, I find TKD an excellent in close fighting style. But, before you start screaming about how little I know (and I really do know little), I'll tell you what let's do; you tell me, specifically, how it isn't- give me a specific example- and I'll try to show you here how it is. Deal?

Freedom isn't free!

well let me point out a few things, Drunken monkey you are the perfect example of a ninja turtle wannabee, i am a warrior i might be brutally honest but i do not lie, now if you could understand what i was citing from bruce lee maybe you wouldnt seem to be such an idiot, you want me to tell you about my experiences in fights well ok i will tell you, the last fight i was in the man i fought went to the hospital, he was 6'4 250lbs and had a tazer on him , it took me only ONE PUNCH to put him away, i showed him i wasnt scared of him and he went runnin like a coward so there is my fight if you want to know anymore ask me, by the way every man who messed with me got beat, i haven't been beat just to let you know, i am not a tournament fighter, and yes i have fought a tkd fighter more then once with kicks and puches and i have won every time , i fight for real when i have no choice, you kid have a lot too learn, so for your sake you better put up or shut up,Fat Donkey you better understand something, who CARES about breaking ice and cinder blocks, no self respecting martial artist would be scared of those kind of people , i do not admire any style unless it is something that works against REAL FIGHTERS please do not compare a bunch of Frauds to real warriors you will learn someday, if you want a real fight fight a boxer and you will see what i mean about real warriors, Dijita i will agree with you kicks can be effective for distance but punces are faster and more damaging overall, if you don't believe me there fight a boxer and you will come to grips with reality, delta 1 i will state what i have experienced in fighting tkd fighters, i have fought with many of them most in their twenties and i have beaten every one of them their kicks are swift yes and even strong in their right but they are easily telegraphed and easy to block and get inside i have no problem fighting against them, one hit isnt going to slow me down and most dont know how to puch because they never work on puches, i do so they better prey to god that they kill me because if i break their offense and get inside its LIGHTS OUT, i hope i made myself clear thank you delta

You resort to name calling? :o

A warrior? You might like to fight, but you are not a warrior, and you hardly show that you have the martial arts spirit. How in the world is it, that you get into so many fights? I think avoiding a situation that might get you into a fight is the smartest thing to do.

Lower your head in respect, raise your eyes high to your goals... to me this is the martial arts spirit.

yo Dijita i never said i like to fight i only fight when i have to ,like right now, you have no martial spirit, your nothing, i have goals in life why don't you go out and buy one right now you creep :D

this is bait.

i am a fish, blub blub blub.

well, actually i'm not.

this is getting silly.

are you actually challenging me?

so for your sake you better put up or shut up

on a forum?

to a fight?

and you call me a kid...

you are the one who has the cartoon character name and the obsession with turtles and ninjas.

i'm just some dude who likes to see solid arguments as opposed to unsubstantiated cow dung.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."