• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is the best style for street fighting

i have a female friend in hk who goes to a thai boxing club....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not really sure on that matter.

her instructor (the owner of the gym) seems to be quite a successful fighter in hk.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

i'm not really sure.

but

i do know that her boyfriend (also at the club...) isn't too keen on her going for the harder fights.....

but if she wants to do it, why not?

Any martial art works when it comes to street fighting and it's how well you adapt to it that counts.

I seriously doubt that any martial art works for street fighting Guyanson_Mendiola and i will tell you why, tae kwon do will not work in a street fight because they don't know how to punch or how to throw any technque and most of these so call martial artist never been in any kind of fighting outside of a point sparring match, judo wouldnt work totally because it lacks any outside game and cannot throw or roll with punches, and i doubt any of them could adapt to a street fight, most would be petrified to fight a real warrior even these so called masters, because they only train for tounaments, not fights , see what i mean, enough of the fantasy let's get back to reality, if you do not believe me fight a boxer, or street fighter and you will see what i mean.

ladies email me for some fun

yeah i agree. Like it has been said many times the street is NOT the place to try and adapt your techniques. What the hell is adapting your techniques.

I have done a few different styles but one of the reasons i settled on what im doing now is because there was no "i would fight differently on the street" I just think thats rubbish. in a real fight youl do what your trained to. In my case i know i can defend pucnhes and kicks knees and elbows from ANY angle no matter what angle it comes from or if i know the technique used because our defence is generic.

Kind of covers stand up doesnt it with nothing to change.

Seize the day!

:lol: Sorry guys, you're wrong. I've used TKD in street fights and won. Now I'm a big MT fanatic but even my MT master says that TKD has some good techniques. After taking five different MA's and being in street fights theres always stuff u can use. :brow:

Donkey