• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grappling Training - Navy Seals, Army Special Forces, etc.

In the army I've read the training manual and basically they say strikes are used to set up throws and other powerful moves, but they don't use strikes to kill just to stun. And they do alot of chokes and armbars with a few basic throws such as ippon seio nage, o-soto-gari, and any hip throw. Yes, it basically is a BJJ or Judo course using only the most ly basic moves. Nothing fancy just real world use.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what Old Jujutsu is all about, that's where everything came from.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Yeah they do use a lot of that in the army but they delve more into the philippines rather than anything else. sayoc kali for knife combat as well as grappling and ground fighting just because its so damn useful. but they do use kill strikes in the special forces. it isnt all just to set up throws i mean they learn how to immobolize and deal out quite painful blows. the thing about them that makes them so good is that not only do they use and practice very practical techniques but they are really strong and intense which is why you have SEALs and greenies being only having 6-8 weekes of combat training yet they whoop more * than almost anyone. does anyone know if there have been ex soldiers in competetive fighting? and if so who because ive never heard of anyone.

Koshijutsu and Koppojutsu are basically Jujutsu that teach you how to break bones with strikes and how to separate the muscle from the bone with a strike. These strikes to the right place can kill, but you would have to be in complete control of the other person in order to do a killer blow.

Yeah i havent actually learned any of these kill strikes (probably for good reason hehe) but ive been told that there are a few that they use. i mean these units must be prepared for hand to hand but they are usually never in hand to hand my brother told me.

he's right. Think abot it - elite forces sent in to destroy...the friend I referred to earlier in this thread told me that when they ran missions, he would have an excessive number of clips on him - like 25. the intent there is to NEVER be without your gun or ammo. Hand to hand isn't a major focus.

does anyone know if there have been ex soldiers in competetive fighting? and if so who because ive never heard of anyone.

The friend I mentioned. His name is joel gingrey. he doesn't do MMA, but was ranked 3rd in the world in judo and consistently does well in bjj competitions. He was a SEAL. As I stated though, his training didn't come from the military - he's been grappling all of his life.

The U.S. Army SF Green Berets receive training in the Filipino arts for knives, and field improvised weapons, as well as using equipment as weapons. Kicking is taught in the method of Bruce Lee. Because of the heavy equipment that is used, the kicks must be able to cripple the opponent immediatley. Punches, finger jabs, and elbows are also taught by Bruce Lee's methods. Throwing and Grappling are a combination of jujitsu and dumog. It includes the step-over, hip, and circle throws, leg, arm and head takedowns, neck and joint manipulations, and choke. I hope that sums everything up.

What does Bruce Lee have to do with Green Berets? The kicking Bruce Lee did is basic Karate and he didn't invent kicking. Stomp kicks have the most power.

Actually you would be surprised, they use many Bruce Lee concepts. they dont use conventional kicks cuz they take to long to get good at. they do use stomps and knees but many of the training exercises involving sensitivity, kicking, jabbing etc were developed by Bruce Lee and Dan Inosanto. thats what they use and study primarily, as well as philosphical meaning behind the arts because they were having too much trouble with creating thugs in the military so they delved more into the mental aspect as well as physical.