• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About martial arts......

Goku

He seemed like a stuck up guy who thought he was better then everyone else. Do all instructors act that way? If so then i'll go back to that place.....but if not...then i'll go somewhere else.

Do all instructors act that way? :o

*ahem* well, since I've been an instructor since September of 1978, and I don't consider myself as acting that way...I'd have to say no. Unless I'm the only one of course. :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Before I started doing martial arts I directed all of my anger and aggression in towards myself. Since starting, I've been able to redirect it outwards (ie no more self-destructive behavior!). Granted, I've become a little more aggressive in real life (I don't start fist fights or anything, I just think about fighting more often), but at least now I walk tall and feel confident.

If you have anger control issues, it may be a good thing for you to start MAs. I would hope that you approach it seriously and maturely enough to realize that you need to work on an anger problem, instead of letting karate give you skills to act out even more. It helped me redirect mine, so I know it's possible. Since you've already asked the question, I'm sure you'll be fine.

doing some jump kicks into the heavy bags is a heck of a lot of fun when you're gettin grumpy.

also, I second what aefibird said--Find a good instructor!!!! It'll make all the difference in the world!!!

good luck!! :karate: