• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

conditioning knuckles in kickboxing necessary or not?

just did a pretty hard session on the bag :smile:

did some work without gloves also and the skin and stuff came off :smile:

is it necessary to condition the knuckles in kickboxing or not?

thanks in advance for the info :???:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No, just keep punching the bags and pads. That's all the conditioning you need. In a streetfight, it doesn't matter you'll still get cuts on your knuckles.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 1 month later...
::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

When conditioning the hands, never make them bleed. You are doing alot of damage. Knuckle push up just develop large knuckles from calcium deposits, this will just give you problems later in life.

Build the muscle first, use the proper medicine to promote circulation and healing, massage, and don't overdo it. If you cut your hand let it heal before starting again.

As for kickboxing there is no real need as the gloves will diperse the force of the glove.

I put on bag gloves and that's it. I never wrap.. wrapping the hands serve as a crutch and the tendons/muscle that hold the wrist straight will not get stronger if you keep wrapping.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Personally I dip my hands in honey first, then usually the chocolate sprinkles, and finally gummie bears for the added protection...

I can't remeber what Hot Shots movie it was, but it was pretty funny, making fun of Jean Claude and his Kickboxer movie.

just a joke here......

i have conditioned my hands..... first with jello, then pudding, next week i move up to tapioka ( it has particles in it that might hurt me).

but seriously..becareful and protect the hands with wraps and gloves. use proper punching techniques by making a tight fist and using the strong part of the fist (first two knuckles) to prevent boxers fractures. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson