• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Tournament of the Year tomorrow

aes

Well after taking about 3/4 of a year off of Tournaments, tomorrow I will be entering my first competition this year in Kata, Weapons and Kumite and boy am I nervous.

I have a goal of winning the overall Canadian WFMA over 35 catagory this year and have trained pretty hard for this competition.

In the long run I know my weapons and hand katas need to be more complex. My hand kata is Fukyugata Nidan but Pinan Godan will hopefully be ready for the next tourney.

Well better get some sleep, up at 7am to get ready.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The tournament was in Elora Ontario, a pretty small town but a good sized tourney.

Here are the results.

Gold in Kumite

Silver in Kata

Silver in Weapons

Both my daughter and I had a great time.

43 Years old

Roberts Karate

Congratulations! Getting that first in sparring (Kumite) is all that's really mattered to me these days.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Congratulations on doing so well, aes!

Glad you & your daughter had a great day. Good luck for your next tourney.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

That's awesome on your results, you must be really happy about that.

So there was a tournement in Elora eh? Hehe, it's such a small place!

What style of martial arts was the tournement?

Thanks people.

I started Kumite training just under a year ago. I entered a Tourney with pretty much no training around the same time and got defeated very easily. Sure it was different people, but this time around it was a different story.

Most of my sparring training has been done with much younger competitors. They have much faster reflexes than I do, however when I enter tournaments I wind up in the over 35 catagory. Is it possible that being used to faster moves has helped me get faster?

Well the next tourney that I know of is in Ohio in the end of July. That should give me time to learn a new Advanced Kata. The Ohio one is supposed to be much bigger than the one I was just in as well.

43 Years old

Roberts Karate

• 1 month later...

Well had a tourney before the July one. Did ok. Dang the guy I beat pretty easily last time seems to have gotten wise to my combos and beat me this time.

Gotta hit the heavy bag and work out some new moves.

43 Years old

Roberts Karate

Congradulations on winning that gold in kumite, and those silver medals aren't anything to ignore either. I hope you do well in your next tournament.