• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well....

depends.

petrol is priced and sold in litres but we still go by mpg.

we teach metric but still measure people's height in feets and inches.

architectural (master)plans are all drawn up in metric but we still refer to land sizes in acres.

in fact, i would say tht we are more or less smack bang inbetween metric and imperial, which just makes it even more confusing.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MST3K=Mystery Science Theater 3,000, the single greatest tv show of all time in which very, very bad movies are shown and a little shadow of a man and two robots are at the bottom and they sit there and make fun of the movie. a wonderful show.

Culvers is like McDonalds with quality. the food is home made and just tastes... good. it's good eatin', but it really hasn't stretched out of WI, except for a few locations in northern illinois, so really, the whole lot of you are missing out. it's also the home of the butter burger; i can't figure out what's so special about it, but it's really good. if y'all ever stop by WI, be sure to check out a culvers.

back to the topic though, i dunno' how a person could be so spiteful to an entire country just because our critics suck. we've known that for years.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

in fact, i would say tht we are more or less smack bang inbetween metric and imperial, which just makes it even more confusing.

I read recently in a book by Bill Bryson about a swimming pool that is massively bigger than ever intended. The plans were in feet, but the builders mistook that for metres. I can't remember exactly where it was; I'll have to go dig the book out and look it up.

Actually, I'd agree we're in the middle of imperial & metric, which can be confusing at times. It's just another reason why Britain is a little bit odd! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

hehe,

my cousin's place in hk has a smaller than usual bathroom cos his grandad gave the builders measurements in inches but they built it in cm....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

mmm, maybe that's the reason my house is so tiny... someone read the plans wrong.

My house is like Dr Who's TARDIS in reverse - it's smaller inside than it looks on the out! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 1 month later...

The Kill Bill Volumes are a pair of great films they are made well enough to be and individual films but also when you have watched the first one u really want to watch the second that is Tarantino's brilliant way to make a film.

(please note SPOLIERS are going to be used)

Kill Bill Vol.1

This is the more action oriantated of the two there are a few fight scenes with the climax at the end in the House Of Blue Leaves in which The Bride takes on O Ren Isishi's personal gang The Crazy 88's then Gogo her bodyguard and the O Ren and kills her.

There a certain moment in the film that are very well done with The Bride going to Japan to see Hattori Hanzo and get a sword and also to get her big toe wiggling in the back of buck's truck (found that quite funny).

This film in my opinion is not as good ask the second as I think it is a gore fest don't get me wrong I like the film but I just think a little bit more background on the characters might have been nice.

Kill Bill Vol.2

The Volume were it all happens. I like this Volume better than the other one as there is more dialouge and background about the charcters.

Only one thing that bugged me was right at the beginning you see The Bride driving and saying that only Bill is left to Kill this didn't bug me a first but when she tries to kill Budd and she gets buried alive I knew she wasn't going to die because of that opening sequence. ( that was the only thing that bugged me) there are many good parts in this film with the fight between The Bride and Elle Driver and the teaching from Pei Mai I won't spoil Vol.2 that much but anyone who has seen it will know what happens.

Overall I would recommend these films to anyone as they are great very well done and worth owning in a collection.

" You always get some motherf***er trying ice-skate uphill " Taken from Blade.

I watched Kill Bill 2 last night, I didn't enjoy it as much as one. I liked the Damoe deleted scene, the fight scene between Uma and Daryl and the Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.