• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently writing an assignment about Kill Bill as part of a Hollywood Cinema module for my university degree. If anyone can recommend any good articles, reviews that they've read about KB, then if you could let me have the web addreses then that would be great! Thanks. I'm concentrating on the different genres that are in Kill Bill - action, animation etc etc, so any stuff about that would be greatly appreciated

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 months later...

Yes, it is out on DVD (at least, it is in the UK, so I should imagine it is in the USA too).

My copy (Region 2 DVD) has some good interviews on it in the "Extras" section with the cast & crew.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

just my opinion

but the best thing about kill bill is that tarantino doesn't pretend to be doing anything special.

y'know, he copies copiously from films past and present and he's not ashamed about it.

in fact, you can tell he's just having fun doing something he loves.

i don't think that it really counts as a 'hollywood' film.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

^agreed^. not that i like tarantino much. a creepy man. still, i dig resevoir dogs :)

y'all have it in the UK already? we don't get it until mid-late august.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

...you don't have to like him to like his films...

and yeah.

i have no idea why but we're getting special treatment over here for kill bill.

maybe it's cos we didn't slate him, then crown him king AFTER the rest of the world said reservoir dogs was good (ahem, unlike the u.s media...)

just to point out.

the u.k film critics were among the first to say, 'people, go watch this film'.

we like him.

he likes us.

y'know what's the scariest/creepiest thing?

i can see a bit of myself in him, especially when he gets all hyper and excited during his interviews....

but then i guess all people who have a deep passion for certain things are like that.

right?

please?

i am normal, right?

yeah?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

geez, you and WW. i didn't say i didn't like his movies, i said i didn't much like him. then again, having never met him, i suppose i'm not in a position to judge such things.

and hey, our media may suck, but at least we have... well... um... there must be something... you guys even had MST3K longer than we did... well... we... well, i can't bring that up, that's political. we have... culvers. culvers rocks, take that. and we don't have that logical metric system y'all have. crazy people. score 2 for the US :)

at any rate, you're about as normal as anyone who reffers to himself as a drunken monkey can be.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

hey...

i can't for the life of me figure out what MST3K is

and er...

what's culvers?

and we don't have that logical metric system y'all have.

Actually, us Brits don't have 'that logical metric system' either - good ol' miles, pints and pounds for us!! :D

Sheffield Steelers!