pressure points

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found some great pressure point videos at http://www.thespeedman.com The video is called "Secrets of Devastation Enhancement."

By the way, :smile:-: I agree that pressure points can be hard, but it depends on how you look at it. Yes, there are 360 points. There are many on the forearm alone. However, I generally stick to 6 on the forearm that I can hit a lot easier than the rest. Yes, each point is different, depending on the angle and type of strike. There can be a lot to it, but pressure points can be simplified.

Dave :cool:

Here's a nice website, but keep in mind that you need a good instructor, nothing less, to teach you properly:

http://pressurepointfighting.com/public_html/dim_mak_taiji_points.htm

That's a chart of the points. For info on the system:

http://www.vincitydesign.com/kwoon/index2.html

Browse around, you'll find pressure point fighting somewhere in there.

And yes, I agree that pressure point fighting can be simplified, but like all things, there are two levels of it: structure and substance. You can simply learn some effective strikes and be able to get out of a bad situation, which would be substance. Or you could learn the methods behind it, its philosophies, etc, and become a master of it, being able to apply it for any situation. That would be structure. Although structure is superior to mere substance, it's understandable that convinience is a factor, too. Anyone can learn a few good pressure points and have their fighting ability drastically improved. But like I said before, you MUST find a good instructor, and you MUST have a feel for the human body, because nerves shift under the skin, and you have to know exactly what you're doing.

d-:-o-:-)-:-(-:-o-:-P

Considering the sheer number of pressure points there are supposed to be I'm amazed that its possible to hit someone and not hit one of their pressure points.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

The problem is that they're not always right by the skin. A lot of the time, you have to push down, sort of cut them off the way you cut off water from a hose. Your opponent doesn't feel it right away, but it quickly builds up into a sharp, piercing pain. Before I knew what I was doing with pressure points, I accidentally finished an opponent with one rather dramatically (this was several years back). I brushed against the guy's left side with a glancing blow, thinking I hadn't done much damage. He sort of flinched, but regained composure. As we circled, he just sort of went loose and fell straight over on his face. Until my sensei explained, I didn't even know what the f*ck I had done, and that's what really got me interested in pressure points. They're not easy to do, by any means, but they're a great addition to any martial art, expecially grappling arts.

Thanx :grin:

Ya, Kyusho-Jutsu is really poular down here; they teach it to cops and in a lot of self-defense classes. Eagle Claw is another good style, but it's pretty hard to learn. The advantage? Being able to tear holes through people with your fingers.

Morbid, no?