• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did JCVD do an actual technique?

Remember the old karate flick Bloodsport? That one scene where JCVD did some kind of palm strike on the cement block pile and only destroyed the bottom block. Is this an actual technique that's been done by anybody here or is it just more of his garbage "Hollywood Karate" that I hear of. He's kind of a washed up joke in MA but it was an awesome scene.

If your enemy refuses to be humbled......you must destroy him.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have never heard of a brick on the bottom of a pile shattering. I have heard of them being cracked but have never seen this with my own eyes. As I've said before, most of the breaking that I've seen done used some sort of gimmick to facilitate the break. Note I said most, not all, before anyone gets their panties in a twist.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Quote:

"Dim mak (death touch) is an ancient martial art that consists of striking certain points on the body to cause illness or death. The points are usually called dim mak points, but they are also referred to as vital points and pressure points. The majority of these points correspond to the same locations as acupuncture points. Dim mak is an extremely dangerous martial art, which can cause a great deal of damage to the human body. The effects of attacking the dim mak points include knockout, death, and a delayed death. Many have seen videotapes and seminars where a subject looses consciousness after being struck on certain points. Although this is a very dramatic demonstration method, it could have dangerous consequences."

You can read more on that here.

http://www.dimmak.net/

True mastery transcends any particular art. It stems from mastery of ones self control the ability, developed through self discipline, to be calm, fully aware, and completely in tune with ones self and the surroundings. Then, and only then, can a person know himself. ---- Bruce Lee