• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

24FC What is up???

Makoto

I followed the 24FC site for some time and engaged in the forums there. Rob's decision to close down shop was not surprising, though his timing took me off guard. He had said something in a post a few weeks back that he had considered ending his experiment, but he had just commenced a major expansion of his Shotosphere, the club directory, so the timing surprised me.

And Rob's motivation the last few years was fueled by his anger and bitterness at the karate establishment. It had become clear to me that it was only a matter of time, and that when he worked through the most of his anger, he would quit. He even did a discussion on "Anger Management," which to me indicated another sign that this day was inevitable as he gradually came to terms with his anger.

Though the timing was really surprising, as he seemed recently to be getting into other sub-projects on the site, it was coming. While he could certainly be a difficult fellow at times, he was okay in my book and I'll miss his site in many ways. His method of closing down was classy and speaks well of him in my book. Now that he's gone, I hope its okay if I join in here every now and then.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he (Rob) used to come in here sometimes when he was researching a new forums software. He ended up using the same software as does this site, phpBB.

Now that he's gone, I hope its okay if I join in here every now and then.

Of course! Welcome to Karate Forums, ShotoSam.

Why not go along to the introductions forum and tell us a bit about yourself?

Nice to have you here. :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have spoken with Mr. Redmond and he has confirmed that the site is down and will "never be back". He said that the reason was that he got tired and running it and ran out of steam.

*Never* is an awfully long time.

I do recall a time right after his son was born where the site went *dormant* for over a year, then all of the sudden, regular updates, forums, articles, etc.

Perhaps this will be another *hiatus*.

For how long??, only the webmaster himself knows for certain.

I for one, will keep 24FC bookmarked, for awhile anyway. :wink:

Well... I have to say that I had mixed feelings about the 24fightingchickens. I must say that Rob had very good common sense and perspective. I got to trouble several times because of him at tournaments because I changed my clothes to civil as soon as the combats were finished. When my sensei asked me why I changed so fast I said that I had no desire to walk around in pyjamas when I finished competing :D

Let's hope he will summarize all his articles and publish a book....

That would be a hit to the old established karate culture :P

1.st kyu Shotokan Karate

1.st dan Aikido