• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

24FC What is up???

Makoto

I am a reader of this site and a poster to 24FC. Today, I think it might be disabled, or even dead. Go to the site now and it indicates it has died. Maybe it is only temporary, but it is a shame such a good site, like this one as well, might be gone.

Anyone know what is up?

Because I said so, and I am that damn good.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a huge shame if 24FC is gone forever :bawling:

It was (is?) a very informative and original site and seemed to thrive in going against the generally accepted opinions to try and find the truth. :)

I would like to know what happened to make Rob close the site - as the forums were in full flight yesterday, when I checked before leaving work, and there was no signs of this happening. :o

Andy.

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Renketsu Karate Club Senior Instructor

(http://www.renketsu.org.uk)

I used to find 24FightingChickens a good site with a good discussion forum. But I got into argue with Rob Redmond the webmaster and that's why I don't visit the site anymore. I didn't get kicked out but left free willingly, because of the unnecessary harshness of Rob Redmond.

Edited by Gyte

"Practising karate means a lifetime of hard work."

~Gichin Funakoshi

Well ... it's true ... sometimes he was hard to live with ... still the site was good and we could take from there what we liked ... The MU section was an eye opener. Though in Romania things are slightly different from the USA, some information was really useful.

Maybe we'll get some info about the event.

Nothing could predict it. The site was well run and in the stage it was it needed little administrative work. Not to mention the forums. If Rob couldn't find the time to do the work there were moderators to help.

Strange ... very strange

Could be that he just got the monthly bill. I know Rob has mentioned in the past that the cost of the site's bandwidth was fairly high due to the great demand.

If it's true, it's a real shame, and shows how the internet is moving away from it's roots only to be full of corporate *. Ironically, the people who try to fight this move get choked by the people who so desparately seek useful content. :(

I'll miss his site, but I can't say I blame him for pulling the plug entirely.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

It doesn't have to do with coporations. Blaming the "evil corporations" is far, far too easy and (I feel) irresponsible. We run a hosting service - bandwidth costs money... so hosting costs money and that goes for everyone. Individuals, corporations and so on. It isn't hard to make enough money to cover basic costs. I am an individual myself. So, please don't blame corporations.

We can only hope it will return. Its been down many times and has re-appeared on different servers. I hope Rob still has the will and time to fire it up again. It takes a lot of time and effort as well as money to operate a site. He has a life, a family and friends. I wish him the best whatever he chooses. His site is legendary and really opened my eyes.

Thank You Rob :)

And You Patrick for such a fine friendly site :up:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.