• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yea, think its a group of MA practicionars all in the same art. Kinda like the "foot clan" from ninja turtles. :lol:

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

actually, rarely have i heard "clan" used in asian culture; i always figured that was more of a celtic thing. clan generally means "family" (go lannigans!). thus, i assume in CMA it refers to the hung family, the choy family, etc.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

or if you prefer, extended family.

you might be a member of a particular hung gar school but you'd also part of a larger hung gar clan.

get it?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Actually Devil, all the clans featured in that game did exist, and it was one of the reasons i liked the game so much.

I believe that if you go back far enough, you will find that some martial arts were begun within certian samurai clans. I can't give you any hard facts, since it has been so long since i paid attention to this kind of thing.

Man to man, Soldier to soldier, Dust to dust.

"or if you prefer, extended family.

you might be a member of a particular hung gar school but you'd also part of a larger hung gar clan.

get it?"

got it. thanks for the info :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

:wink: I found it too, especially when it came to Japanese Martial arts. It refers either to the name of the Clan that patronised a certain school of Swordfighting or the teacher for that style. Remember that back then the schools were situated in different provinces under the rulership of various Lords. These schools trained many of the samurai of those clans and thus the students of those schools belonged to their various clans. Read the Book of five rings by Miyamato Musashi and a brief history of japan and it will seem clearer.

Donkey