• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts - Tricks Of trade

StealthNinja

Anyone knows of any good tricks up there sleeve that works when competing against people in a tournament (Kumite) or any pointers i should be aware of when doing a kata? Post your Comments.... Leave your Tricks or Post questions of yourt own here... :karate: :P :)

Life is a distant mirage that haunts us down, till death arises and chases us with no remorse, yet of course don't look at it or you'll be fit to sit with the dead corpse lying dead...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One thing I've always been amazed at is that competitors don't always keep track of where they're sitting points-wise in relation to their opponent. with time running out, and they're behind, they just sit there and don't try to get in and at least tie the score, or win! so, watch the points, and if you're behind, get moving!

In kata, I look for speed, power, control, stances, head/eye positioning rather than technique, because all systems are different. I don't always know the kata personally that I see being performed for me, so I NEVER judge the accuracy of the lkata itself, but rahter how the kata is performed. Even if I do know the kata, I look for the above highlighted points, not whether the competitor performed it correctly or not.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Kumite is like playing tenis, ping pong or even chess. Strategy and timing is the most important. I usualy tell people to practice combinations first.

Like cuki, sweep (while hes blocking) and finishing cuki while hes on ground...

At highest level, once u master timing, techniques etc. only strategy matters....

1.st kyu Shotokan Karate

1.st dan Aikido

Just hit them first :)

Don't attack half-heartedly - go in their and mean it. You don't need to hit hard but punch with the intention of hitting, not immediately be worried about getting your * out of there!

What's the worst that can happen? Black eye; cut lip or bleeding nose? It never hurts and when you get the point and the decision, it stays that way. Even if you do get your * whooped, at least you still keep your dignity as a fighter.

Easy!

:karate:

ShotoMan of the Shotokan

good point white warlock in the last tounament I was in I was disqualified because I was unaware of the rules. They made a big deal about tried to make me feel like I didn't have any contol but really I just felt bad for the guy I was sparring he was hunting for the DQ because he just didn't have the skill. Watch out for that!

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro