• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

With only 6 matches, how many is "some"?

If we go look at UFC and other limited rules matches, boxing is a good base art but, by itself, is flawed.

I'm not familiar with Kyokushin guys, but it's not surpriseing that the TKD people lost... particularly if they felt throwing high-kicks was a good idea.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxing Master is spot on once again.

Alternatively you could use a cross between "hand of the unseen bear" mixed with flamenco. To give it a latin tiwst.

Seize the day!

With only 6 matches, how many is "some"?

Well, 4 matches were with boxers :D

The TKD guy was trying to hit at head level, but kept on falling after applying the kicks. If he managed to stay on the feet, maybe he would have stood a chance. The kyokushin guys hit at thighs, but looks like our fellow boxers were quite conditioned and knew damn well to come into punching distance. One of the oponents tried to punch his way .. bad idea :D

Try not to classify the people you spar, so dont think of him as a boxer. Just thing of him as another person, use your normal gameplan and if you are better than him you should do well.

This is rather ignorant.

If a guy wants to spar me, and I know he takes BJJ...I'm not going to hop into the ring with him and hope that my TKD works, if I've had no prior training or understanding of BJJ. You're asking to get beat.

If the guy is a boxer, I'm going to research some boxing (which is fairly simple sport) - I'm going to get into the ring knowing to expect all punches, and I'm going to go from there. I'm not going to look at him as just another fighter.

If a guy says he does TKD, I'm not going to step in there hoping to perform wrist locks on him from karate. I'm going to know to watch out for fast and powerful kicks.

You are not going to do some research in other styles when you think yours is the ultimate, best, godlike, and there are many out there who think like that. That's the first problem ... lack of respect and uderstanding of other styles ... not to mention not proper training.

You are not going to do some research in other styles when you think yours is the ultimate, best, godlike, and there are many out there who think like that. That's the first problem ... lack of respect and uderstanding of other styles ... not to mention not proper training.

My feelings are mutual. I personally think that the best style is the style that the pracitioner gets something out of. That's the best style.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

You'll always have to think that you can kick him in the middle part of his body and I mean the stomach unless it's blocked and you'll have to watch when trying to punch a Boxer coming from a Boxer like me because the Boxer would just either slip,bob, or weave or possibly parry the punch.

• 2 weeks later...

That's why I love grappling arts, we just take your weapons away from you.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"