• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Over the shoulder Arm-Break

Ironberg

There is a stand-up grappling technique I learned a while back where you break the guy's arm by hyperextending it over your shoulder - a sort of armbar. Anyone else train this technique? What methods do you use to capture the arm and/or apply the technique?

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The what, the what, and the what???

Sorry for my ignorance, the only foreign language in my dojo is three Korean words for bowing and attention, and the names of our hyung.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Oh, I think I had the wrong image of how it worked... I thought you took their arm so that it's facing palm-up, place their elbow in your shoulder and threw them over your shoulder infront of you (assuming they were behind you), onto the ground. Okay, I really have no idea how I figured that. Is there a technique like that?

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

we do it exactly like that, your in front, their behind you, you bring their arm palm up , elbow to your shoulder, but we stop right before elbow hits to practice our "one-steps". we don't throw over shoulder. i suppose you could, but i dunno how you would begin to practice that without injury.

Oh, I think I had the wrong image of how it worked... I thought you took their arm so that it's facing palm-up, place their elbow in your shoulder and threw them over your shoulder infront of you (assuming they were behind you), onto the ground. Okay, I really have no idea how I figured that. Is there a technique like that?

Ahhhh...Aikido! :)

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!