• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cracked Boars skull??

Topic

Still, it isn't as stupid or cheap as Spanish Bull Fighting.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mas Oyama was also apart of the Japanese yakuza...he offered to have a pro wrestler wacked when he choked out the Kimura (who beat Heilo Gracie). The fight was to be a work but the pro wrestler failed to follow script, by the time Kimura realized it, it was too late. Oyama was madder then hell and tried to convince Kimura to have him wacked using his contacts.

Funny but true.

Apparently the reason Nakamura formed Seido was that Oyama ordered him beaten nearly to death after a tournament in NY in the 1970s. Nakayama's history as a Yakuza "strongman" led to a prison sentence for murder in the late 1940s. This is the experience that supposedly inspired his creation of Kyokishin after performing shugyo on release from prison.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Wasn't he almost assasinated in a Brooklyn parking lot too?

Maybe this is the same story/event, but the one I heard was Nakamura was shot three times and left for dead.

Oyama was a rascist prick as well and allowed both Andy Hug and Willie Williams to be 'beaten' by Japanese in their respective fights.

Hug was also knocked out by Filhio after the end of the round and when he turned to Oyama for his decision got the thumbs down.

Andy Hug never forgave him and left Kyokushin soon afterwards.

Willie Williams left Kyokushin with Shigeru Oyama.

ET

I have sooo much respect for Mas Oyama. I think he is a great man, powerful, and smart. I wish I would have had the oppurtunity to meet him before he passed away.

Anyways, here are some links to some interesting articles about Mas Oyama regarding the 100 man Kumite.

http://japan.cfw2.com/article.asp?s=japan&mimid=JSKXEVH0B32U8N8MJWK88JNC14A791QA&content_id=545

and

http://www.kokorowebdesign.com.au/iko/100mankumite.htm

No, I think Kyokushin is a gr8 style and i'm actually think of taking it up eventually, i'm just saying that u've got a slight bias towards Mas Oyama, which is expected from a kyokushin practitoner. Yes he was a powerful and great man when it came to fighting but he was abit of a tough guy and a boaster too, he used to continually challenge ppl just to prove he cud beat them and thats not what karate is about.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee