• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thinking of opening a MA store

Budderfly

Great idea Budderfly! Good luck with it.

I suggest that you offer a wide range of items (sale or return from the supplier of course!!) to cater for lots of different martial arts, rather than the usual 'gi and punchbag' type store (of which there are quite a few shops and online stores of this sort in the UK). The idea about sever different brands is also good too.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Quality, I'm tired of walking into a MA store and seeing the cheapest *&^%$ the owner can buy displayed as top of the line. Think "If you provide it they will come" I have seen one store that does this and they have been in business for at least 15 years, that's when I started going there. The gear isn't cheap but you can buy something there and know it's a quality item.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

• 2 weeks later...
Quality, I'm tired of walking into a MA store and seeing the cheapest *&^%$ the owner can buy displayed as top of the line.

I agree whole heartedly with this. However, you will also need to carry some cheap *&^%$ to compete with the others. The difference, call yours what it is, cheap *&^%$ . Some people want innexpensive gear for a lot of reasons- too cheap themselves, for travel or really rough training (loose or destroy it, you aren't out much).

I've got gloves from these guys before, and they were okI cut them up and modified them for stick work, so I wasn't out much if I butchered them. Any way, give them a try if you like. They are a Pakistani company, and their prices were very low.

zealpak <zealpak@skt.wol.net.pk>

Oh yes, I copied the address from my e-mail, and I recently learned that this doesn't work sometimes- something about shortening the address??? :-? Any way, you'll have to type it in so it should work. If not, and you want to contact them, let me know and I'll see if I can find the whole thing- I REALLY HATE COMPUTERS! (just had to say that :) )

Freedom isn't free!