• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Super Strong

How do you think you can get super strong? Not just lifting but being able to fight and move effectivley, should you like weights or do body weight exercises? After all orangutans only use their body weight and on " Man versus Beast " It pulled the world heavy weight sumo wrestler in the mud with one arm with barely a tug, no effort

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orangutans are genetically predisposed to that kind of strength. So, you can't really expect to get as strong as one of them with simpy body-weight exercises.

I would suggest do both weigh-training and bodyweight exercises, how about plyometrics with that? Personally, with weight training, I would only use dumbbells though.. just my personal preference.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Gamma rays. Of course, you'll have a green tinge to your skin. :)

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

Gamma rays. Of course, you'll have a green tinge to your skin. :)

Look who's talking, Mr. Project X Specimen.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I'm from the old school...eat your Wheaties!!! :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

A chimpanzie actually pulled a child's arm out of his socket once when he put his arm through the bars in a zoo,

True story.

Oh by the way, primates are naturally strong, they have different muscle composistions compared to humans.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

Oh by the way, primates are naturally strong, they have different muscle composistions compared to humans.

Urm...

Humans ARE primates....

Kingdom: Animal

Phylum: Chordata

SubPhylum: Vertebrates

Class: Mammalia

Subclass: Eutheria

Order: Primates

Family: Hominidae (the Great Apes: also including Chimp, Gorilla, Orangutan)

Genus: Homo (also included Neanderthals)

Species: Homo sapiens

Interestingly though, the Neanderthals seem to have had a much better developed musculature than we did. They also had larger brains than us, in order to control the extra muscle! (I bet they would have made great grapplers!)

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.