• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How could Bruce Lee be so good, He wasnt evan a Black Belt

How could Bruce Lee be so good, He wasnt evan a Black Belt :o our was he? :-?

The knowing of Violence and living in no violence brings peace.

Shaolin Chuan Fa

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Lee studied many arts, especially the days before he cooked up Jeet Kune Do. I believe he got black belts in a style of Karate, Tae Kwon Do (maybe, I don't know it that's true). Bruce Lee's primarily influence was his Chinese martial arts training - there are no belt systems in classical Chinese arts.

A black belt is just a piece of cloth. It means nothing unless it means something to the person who truely earned it as a symbol of their success, alot of people can't get that idea through their thick scull.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Amen!

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

what makes him good? he has SPEED, POWER, ACCURACY.

And good instincts! He trained with Mr. Parker and some of his early students, but he did not study Kenpo. His base was Wing Chun, and Jeet Kun Do was his philosophy. It was Ed Parker who introduced Bruce Lee in the US, and Mr. Parker had a lot of respect for Bruce. I've heard stories from some of the AK seniors who trained with Bruce. They say he wasn't undefeatable, but if you made a mistake against him, you seldom got a second chance. And if you put a hand just a hair over center line, you were tied up and hit faster than you could realize your mistake.

what makes him good?
Some of the best of that era said he was good, and that's good enough for me!

Freedom isn't free!

lee didn't have a black belt in anything, as far as I know, and he only studied wing chun for 5 years before he came to the us. he dabbled in other arts, but wasn't in depth with any of them. He later created his jun fan and jkd. Lee had a lot of natural talent.

That said, there's also alot of hype surrounding him... he's only got one documented fight - supposedly a lot of others, as trouble with the triads is part of why he got sent to the US when he was 18. However, we can't really verify much of that, or how many fights he's had. Everything else is seen either in his movies, or friendly sparring matches with people.