• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Demonstration Music

Hey guys, I'd appreciate your help in a little musical brainstorm. Our club is putting on a demo at our upcoming Regional Championship, and we are looking to win for the third time in a row!

The hardest part, it always seems, is picking the music. So, I thought I'd appeal to the youth here and get some good ideas. We're mostly looking for something with a very hard, driving sound. But without too much annoying techno electronica going on in the background.

suggestions using ESPN's Jock Jams or the Mortal Kombat soundtrack will be openly mocked!!! :)

We're looking for something fairly unique, something the judges haven't heard a million times and that another group probably won't pick. :)

Our previous music was Prodigy's "Firestarter" and the remix of Elvis' "Little Less Conversation."

Thanks all,

Tom

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Argh, I accidently hit "back" and it deleted my whole message.

Alright, here are some songs that might work.

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

- I can't stand this band, and I don't really like this song. But it does have a very hard, driving sound. The lyrics aren't very significant either, so it won't be distracting.

Blur - Song 2 (actual title of the song)- Great song, this one will get anyone pumped. It's very fast paced and kind of wild, though, so I'm not sure if it would match up with your demo.

Sum 41 - What We're All About

- Might work, it's pretty catchy. And the chorus gets you going.

Vanillca Ice - Ninja Rap

- Lol, fits, doesn't it?

Rage Against the Machine - Guerrila Radio

- You can never go wrong with RATM, this song's kind of aggressive, so it might work. You could try out "Renegades of Funk" too.

Linkin Park - Nobody's Listening

- This song is aggressive as well, and it'll get you motivated. Try it.

To be honest, though, I can't think of anything better than a Prodigy song. Maybe you could do a different song? How about Breathe?

Oh!

Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

- This song is great! You definitely might want to consider this one.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Breathe is up there... we actually rejected it for the last demo in favor of Firestarter! :)

Right now, I'm seriously leaning towards choosing "Weapons of Mass Distraction" by Crystal Method

Thanks for the suggestions so far! All great ones... we're on the same page!

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

The last tournament I was at the featured demo teams had a ton of teams doing their stuff to trance climaxes. It seems that alot of that techno stuff is rather popular in the NCKA circuit.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I'm not really to knowledgeable about musical demos as it's not something we really do in my style but i always thought it would be funny to do a musical bo kata to 50 cent's "i've got the magic stick"

Christina Aguilera "Fighter"

Motorhead" Time to play the game"

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."