• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, he can't do that.

that would be the sensible thing to do.

you should know by now that 'sensible' and 'high school student' are not the most related of things....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I'll see on Monday. I wasn't there when this happened, my friend just told me about it, so I'm not sure whether it's an empty threat or not... but it's probably better to treat it as if it were not. I'll ask my friend tomorrow at school, first thing in the morning, and see what he thinks. He did seem a little scared because he was clinging to me the whole day saying, "stay close, dude, I need a body guard incase they're gonna beat the **** out of me."

...I suppose I didn't really take it seriously, I should have. Who should I go and see about it? Principal? My PE teacher won't do anything about it, that's the one thing I'm sure of. And what if they deny it? I'm really not sure how my school handels threats, all I know is that if there is an act, then the 0 tolerance policy kicks in.. but I'm really not sure about verbal threats, because I hear kids yelling at each other "I'ma ***** kill you!" "you're dead!" blah blah, in the halls, but the teachers don't seem to care.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Principal, guidance councilor, etc.. If the PE teacher isn't taking it seriously, that should be addressed as well. We here in the Denver area tend to be rather insulated, still, from the realities of school violence. The over-reaction to recent video projects from Boulder high school demonstrates this odd dichotomy.

The fact is, any threat of violence should be taken seriously. It might be hot air, and it might not. Don't wind up in a trauma cubical at DG just because you weren't sure. Similarly, you don't want to end up in jail as partt of the "zero tolerance" policy.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• 2 weeks later...

Martial arts should be teaching you how to avoid conflicts, and find a peaceful way to end any conflict that starts up. I'd suggest to talk to your principle or a teacher. If no one in authority at your school will help, have your Father or Mother call the non-emergency number for the police and explaint he situation to them. Hope all works for the best!

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

I understand your frustration completely, you get those type of "Gangstas" in England who think they can boss you around it is one of those things of life. You just have to not give a crap about them and if they want a fight give them it.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

If I were in the situation, which I'm fortunate to not be in, I'd approach one of the bad-mouthers and ask him to place his money where his mouth is. After beating him to a pulp on the spot, and possibly getting a week's detention in the process, you just might get all the other freaks off of your back forever. If they're no longer getting on your nerves, well, that's what I call peace.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."