• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Last nights class!

I attended the late class last night, it was sparring night. I am glad I decided to try a different class.

The night class had only 3 kids in it.. and all of which their parents were also taking the class.. which meant the kids were not disruptive. There were only 8 people there and most were adults. I learned more, and felt like I was given more 1 on 1 attention, so I could work on what I need to work on.

I still had to spar the instructor, which I wanted to spar someone else for a change, but everyone there was yellow belt and white belt except 2 people who forgot their gear. So next time I should be able to spar them. Also, the instructor actually went over what things I need to do in order to improve my sparring.. last night and kinda stopped and explained things rather than us just going at it. I enjoyed class last night to say the least.

"Fear does not exist in this dojo does it?"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know exactly how you feel. I'm one of those who think that there should be more sparring. I remember one day where I had a much younger partner in sparring, so I spent my time initially helping him out and coaching him. Then I had a good sparring partner and we both let each other have it. Then we did kicking a pushup drills and left class feeling pretty good.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

My tuesday nights class was like that. It wasn't sparring, but I learned alot that night.

I hardly get to do throws (something I'm not too good at, except for a few throws). My instructor decided to do breakfalls for warm-ups, then throws for the rest of the class. He watched everyone do their throws and told each of us how to do them properly or gave us tips on how to improve them. I relearned 3 that I had trouble with and he made me do them, at least, 10 times each or till I got them right (I feel bad for the sucker I was throwing hehehehe LOL).

It's good to work on stuff that you are not too good at (or even don't like). I also like the smaller classes when I need to work on something. It's more 1 on 1 instruction (there were only 5 of us in class Tuesday).

Laurie F

Thursday's class was 1.5 hours of sparring.

However, I just had laser surgery on my eyes, and need to wait another month or so before sparring again. Last thing I need is some overeager brown belt throwing my investment down the toilet. ;)

So I spent the time in the back with one of our black belt candidates, going over Sip Soo and Naihanchi Cho Dan. It was good in that I hardly ever get a chance to teach the more advanced forms.. Most of our students are at the Pyung Ahn/Bassai level.

Good times. :)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

I had PRK instead of LASIK. For my eyes it was the better choice. Everything went incredibly well, I think.

As for soreness, the first 24-48 hours afterwards were the worst. Since PRK is a surface altering process, they put a healing contact lens over that you wear for the next 3 days while your epithelium grows back. The right eye was extremely puffy, while the left had hardly any puffiness at all. For the first week after the proceudre, I was sensitive to light, and looking at the computer, watching tv was out of the question for the first few days.

I went in with 20/200 vision, and am at 20/25® and 20/30(l) and it is still improving as it heals.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.