• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Has anyone heard of the Style Bushido ?

"It is our job to help YOU reach your TRUE POTENTIAL. We only teach in private, one to one or small class sizes so that each individual's self-growth is maximised.":

For Gods sake, if you're going to post a website, at least use SPELL CHECKER!!!

Um, not to be picky, but he probably did. You're American, I take it?

http://www.bushido.me.uk/index.html <---- note the "UK" TLD there?

You guyz speak American, not English.

It gauls me to disagree with someone I agree with, but the language barrier can lead to some huge flamefests over nothing.

Do not meddle in the affirs of geeks

for they are subtle and quick to anger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Quote:

James Seaward is also a fully certified and licensed instructor of the B.A.M.A. World Governing Body.

How convenient, certified by the organization you run!

This is simply not the case Sensei James Seaward is but one of many highly trained instructors in B.A.M.A. It is not "his" organization, but he is an instructor of it.

The fees the instructors charge for the 1-1 tutition are very good value, and I find many of your comments without foundation or cause.

Purple Belt

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000902.html

This school-chain is being discussed on another forum as well (see above link), and received some input from members and from James Seaward, an instructor at one of thier schools, as well as comments/queries from the director of the EKGB (English Karate Governing Board). Despite this, none of the underlying questions were answered. Seaward goes so far as to say, "we don't make our history public, but we do have one." Why the cloak & dagger?

Seems the biggest issues here are:

1. Outrageous fees - £15 per hour (that's about $30 U.S. per hour, right?),

2. No history provided on the various systems that none of us have ever heard of (Bushido Karate, Aikido-Te, and Ken Kai Ryu),

3. A claim that it was founded by 'Grand-Master Chusan,' aka Pete Delane (why the two names, and where's his bio?),

4. Self-certified instructors (certified by their own organization),

5. No attribution and/or association with outside governing bodies,

6. etc etc etc

I don't think it is unfair to question the motives of this organization. There really is a lot of unanswered questions, and it just so happens that false schools hurt the entire martial arts community. As a community of concerned martial artists, we're entitled to question and speculate.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Were so secret we have a Website? HA! HA! :lol: This is like the bad old eighties again where everyone was studying some new and secret form, and consequently getting their butts kicked. :x

Donkey

Im becoming quite a fan of rand master chew-toy, especally his words of wisdom, which are, in their entirety:

To Climb Mount Fuji - you must first find a Path"

Master Chusan

Somewhat obvious, i would have thought. :D Also i assume the redicuosly high hikite's demonstrated in the photos are about to be corrected when the shots were taken.

For further 'mystical martial arts' nonsense, check out:

http://www.yellowbamboo.com

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

I used to have a computer game on my old 4 colour XT computer called Bushido. It was some dude in a purple ninja suit. if you look on the 80s games website you should see it.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I am NOT a big man.

Tae Kwon Do (ITF) - 1st Dan Black Belt

Shotokan Karate - 6th Kyu

hmm i visit the south east of england quite a bit. Pheraps I will pay the dojo a visit and see how the training is :D

Be everything. Be nothing.

I used to have a computer game on my old 4 colour XT computer called Bushido. It was some dude in a purple ninja suit. if you look on the 80s games website you should see it.

Aaaah, I used to have that!! I'd forgotten all all about it until now. 1980's games were well cool. ;)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!